PDA

View Full Version : Some Law Enforcement shootings...

MAB32
01-29-2014, 15:09
Some law enforcement shootings.

http://connect.lawofficer.com/video/idaho-body-camera-confrontation-and-shooting

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2013/05/middlefield_police_shooting.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZfqithVJM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_TquU4CYyA

In summary we can all agree that not everybody drops to the ground after being shot.

Anybody else remember this one? www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDsWtNQzcg

miclo18d
01-30-2014, 08:11
After being shot? Or being shot once? All the videos you linked; the bad guy gets dropped (I couldn't load the 1st one so I didn't see it).

They all took multiple rounds, except for the guy that takes off, gets rammed, and comes out shooting. He takes one, I think to the head, and drops on the hood then they continue to shoot. I'd have pumped a few more into him to make sure he wasn't moving too!

Shot placement is key and normally cops don't train using stress shooting so when they get in shoot outs, they usually never hit vital areas that incapacitate their targets. They are usually the ones that talk about one shot stops, caliber being the holy grail of gun fighting.

I say shot placement, whether .22 on up to 120mm smooth bore! Hit the right spot and you don't have to worry about follow up shots.

Horse shoes, hand grenades, and on up to 2000lbs JDAMs ----- close is ok. :D

Streck-Fu
01-30-2014, 09:16
Some law enforcement shootings.

http://connect.lawofficer.com/video/idaho-body-camera-confrontation-and-shooting

She claimed the guy was going to cut himself, not her....so no victim being threatened with violence. Was it necessary to actually go in after him?

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2013/05/middlefield_police_shooting.html

I remember seeing this one. The majority of the hits on the perp were after he went down. It took a good bit of time for the officers to actually hit him.

MAB32
01-30-2014, 11:46
[QUOTE=Streck-Fu;539443]She claimed the guy was going to cut himself, not her....so no victim being threatened with violence. Was it necessary to actually go in after him?

That is the one that seems to me to be, well, excessive in a way. The officer only heard that "He has a knife." Once that was stated, I believe he went into fight or flight and he turned to fight. I think the officer actually pushed himself into having no other position than to shoot. A stun gun may have actually worked in this case only if he had back-up present to protect him while he used it.

MAB32
01-30-2014, 11:55
And then there is the extreme:

www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland_police_chase_and_shooting_scene.html

Streck-Fu
01-30-2014, 12:16
And then there is the extreme:

www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland_police_chase_and_shooting_scene.html

"I've never been more afraid in my life," said Officer Michael Brelo, who fired 49 shots that night. "I thought my partner and I were being shot and that we were going to be killed."
Brelo said he saw "the suspects moving and I could not understand why they are still moving, shooting at us.

That is almost exactly the same thing the officer in LA (during the Dorner search) said when explaining why he rammed the truck of and shot at the driver. He was afraid....

"He's pointing the gun. He's pointing the gun out the back window. Heads up. Heads up. Passenger is pointing a gun out the back window. Everybody be careful," Siefer said.

Siefer later told investigators he didn't actually see a gun. "Despite not actually seeing a gun, Siefer broadcast on the radio that the passenger has just pointed a gun out the rear window," the report said.

Self induced hysteria....

MAB32
01-30-2014, 15:19
That is almost exactly the same thing the officer in LA (during the Dorner search) said when explaining why he rammed the truck of and shot at the driver. He was afraid....

Self induced hysteria....

I would say that it ended up being mass hysteria once they were stopped.;)

badshot
01-30-2014, 16:33
Here's a cop and his leader whom I supported that need to find another job...

Let's shoot him in the back with his hands up after a supervisor calls off the event earlier - then we'll investigate it ourselves...oh and arrest and fire his deputy brother whom was there and witnessed it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bystander-video-raises-doubts-cops-account-police-shooting-report-article-1.1588917

Pretty pissed about this one

The Reaper
01-30-2014, 17:25
I see your LE shooting stories and raise you a Sheriff shooting his Deputy.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=262238

TR

MAB32
01-30-2014, 18:10
Here's a cop and his leader whom I supported that need to find another job...

Let's shoot him in the back with his hands up after a supervisor calls off the event earlier - then we'll investigate it ourselves...oh and arrest and fire his deputy brother whom was there and witnessed it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bystander-video-raises-doubts-cops-account-police-shooting-report-article-1.1588917

Pretty pissed about this one

If they believed he had a gun, why didn't they (Officers) take cover instead of circling him? Also, with that many officers there, if he reached into the car and pulled out something that is or resembles a gun, then they would of been justified. Hands, hands, hands, and HANDS, watch them always. I hate to say this, but, his Civil Rights were violated the moment the officer shot him.

I also understand why the Sheriff would say those things to the public but he is dead wrong IMHO. :(

MAB32
01-30-2014, 18:17
I see your LE shooting stories and raise you a Sheriff shooting his Deputy.

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=262238

TR

If they had a warrant out for him on all those felonies mentioned, why were there only two officers there to serve it. You don't have to have a SWAT team show up necessarily to serve it, you just need to call in for some extra people.

So the Sheriff shoots his own Deputy. I wonder if he shot the dog too? I wonder what kind of job the Sheriff is going to give him once he is out and rehabilitated? ;)

MAB32
01-30-2014, 18:21
This one happened at the same school I attended back in the early 80's.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UaEBFJOlgY

Signal 21 is a county wide code for "Officer needs Help!" As a Deputy we used Signal 44 to state the same thing. In fact, our Radio room includes dispatchers for Akron PD. We dispatched for ourselves and the County Park service, along with the ODNR in Summit county.

MAB32
01-30-2014, 18:28
On this one, who do you think the officer is really mad at? Maybe himself more...:eek:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCWK4XYHV8

badshot
01-30-2014, 18:30
If they believed he had a gun, why didn't they (Officers) take cover instead of circling him? Also, with that many officers there, if he reached into the car and pulled out something that is or resembles a gun, then they would of been justified. Hands, hands, hands, and HANDS, watch them always. I hate to say this, but, his Civil Rights were violated the moment the officer shot him.

I also understand why the Sheriff would say those things to the public but he is dead wrong IMHO. :(

Yes he is, just before the Deputy to the left behind the car fired the two rounds, the take down Deputy (to the right in the center of the street) holstered is weapon to approach.

Just not the right thing to do - bty: Deputy who fired was arrested within the last two years for DV, evidently not convicted.

Disappointed in you Sheriff Babeu, you had a car pointed right at the suspect - camera turned off was it dickhead?

MAB32
01-30-2014, 19:02
Yes he is, just before the Deputy to the left behind the car fired the two rounds, the take down Deputy (to the right in the center of the street) holstered is weapon to approach.

Just not the right thing to do - bty: Deputy who fired was arrested within the last two years for DV, evidently not convicted.

Disappointed in you Sheriff Babeu, you had a car pointed right at the suspect - camera turned off was it dickhead?

Anger management issues, I would assume...

MAB32
01-30-2014, 19:12
Ahhh yes the good old Polish Ambush. A favorite of American Law enforcement.

Brother, I found myself in the same position just once after a high speed chase. But for our Lord screaming in my ear and snapped me out of tunnel vision by saying: "Move now, look where everybody else is!" Remember it only happened once and once is enough.:D

badshot
01-30-2014, 19:42
Anger management issues, I would assume...
and staying in reality...

Truth be told, I can have a quick temper (ie. nicknames like Maddog and Sid Vicious) but never arrested (least not after 18, grin). That's the time you have turn everything off except logic and what's happening (like driving a race car safely) - and do the right thing.

The right thing is always what works in the long run.

MAB32
04-05-2014, 15:10
Two bad decisions made IMHO.

www.lawofficer.com/video/news/stabbing-oklahoma-officer-caug

GratefulCitizen
04-05-2014, 15:58
Two bad decisions made IMHO.

www.lawofficer.com/video/news/stabbing-oklahoma-officer-caug

Successful use of his taser.
The days of the taser are numbered.

Cheap, effective ways of DIY "taser proofing" clothing started being disseminated a few weeks ago.
Someone wearing such clothing will know that the ideal time to close range is when the officer deploys his taser.

Inside the OODA loop.
New training will be necessary.

The Reaper
04-05-2014, 17:01
Successful use of his taser.
The days of the taser are numbered.

Cheap, effective ways of DIY "taser proofing" clothing started being disseminated a few weeks ago.
Someone wearing such clothing will know that the ideal time to close range is when the officer deploys his taser.

Inside the OODA loop.
New training will be necessary.

Not effective shielding for those wearing wifebeaters and undershorts, like most of the perps seem to prefer.

They might also want to be aware that most Tasers have a drive stun capability you may not wat to rush toward.

TR

Peace Frog
04-06-2014, 10:07
This one is really bad. Deputy made a mistake in my opinion of getting back in his vehicle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

MAB32
04-06-2014, 10:57
From the camera angle of the cruiser he could of pulled his weapon and shot her without hitting the people in the vehicle. He was also exposing his entire body to the occupants of the vehicle. Do not stand parallel to the drivers door and window. You restrict yourself as to what you can do if things go south inside the vehicle. Therefore, he did not see the person come up behind him. No situational awareness in this circumstance, IMHO. Very lucky to be alive.

Lan
04-06-2014, 11:09
This one is really bad. Deputy made a mistake in my opinion of getting back in his vehicle.

That was hard to watch. Screaming in terror before being executed, fair warning for others who want to click the link...

MAB32
04-06-2014, 11:26
I am sure most of you have seen this one by now. IMHO, this was a mistake on the part of the LEO's present. This is also one of the shootings that is causing all that great "Unpleasantness" in Albuquerque.

www.lawofficer.com/video/news/albuquerque-camper-shooting

MAB32
04-06-2014, 11:31
This one was last December. IMHO opinion, the officer had no choice.

www.lawofficer.com/video/news/raw-video-kansas-city-officer

badshot
04-08-2014, 01:26

Things like that remind you of the nuts LEO's have to deal with...

BTY: You can always tell how well trained an officer is by how he angles his car and wheels during a stop. Normally both are pointed at a decent angle towards the street so the driving officer has some cover when exiting (engine-wheel well). Also has the added benefit of when someone not paying attention (or impaired) happens to hit the cruiser it is less likely to crash into the stopped and officers.