PDA

View Full Version : Spartan-George Dagger

Les George
01-22-2014, 12:57
And it only took me a year to make the 2 protos! :)

MR2
01-22-2014, 13:25
I could stick someone with that! Looks great.

The Reaper
01-22-2014, 13:32
I see a little V42 influence there.

Beautiful!

TR

Team Sergeant
01-22-2014, 13:36
That looks great!!!!! Nice work!

Les George
01-22-2014, 13:48
I see a little V42 influence there.

Beautiful!

TR

Indeed! :)

I showed Mark and Curtis the F/S style daggers I make last year at SHOT show. Curtis immediately wanted to do a project. I always want a new project so off we went.

Couple months latter, Curtis calls me and tells me Hill Machine is gonna re run their F/S knife again, so did I even want to bother with it.

I told him, yes, but lets actually try to improve the knife instead of just follow the line at chow.

I wanted to make a progression in this family off daggers, the F/S, Marine Raider and the V42. Which gave birth to the Gerber MKII and so on. (in my mind the A/F is a different branch of the tree, but also awesome)

So I made it full tang, with the balance point between the first two finger (I think we should move it back just a little yet, but we are still working that out.)

The fuller (AKA blood groove) I added because it looks cool. Since there are not many guys actually in the neck stabbin business, I think it will work out OK.

3D machined G-10 scales that are not 100% round and then the thumb ramp on the side of the handle, are the main design changes I made.

I thought you guys would get a kick outta seeing this, I'd be interested to know what ya thought of it altogether. Thanks! :)

Barbarian
01-22-2014, 14:04
I like it. The handle looks like it has plenty of detail for blind tactile reference. Nice job!

Peregrino
01-22-2014, 19:48
Mark let me fondle the prototype at SHOT. Very nice work and the design features (micarta, full tang, integral guard, etc.) completed the gestalt of the piece. Overall a nice update of the classic design. Looking forward to the commercial version - as soon as Mark & Curtis get a long enough sheath! :p Would also like to see a kydex sheath which I believe the guys are considering.

Kit Carson
01-22-2014, 19:52
Bout time…..:cool:

Papa Zero Three
01-22-2014, 20:49

Les, I'm still waiting for mine. ;)

Les George
01-22-2014, 20:53
I tried to meet you more than half way already.... :boohoo

Papa Zero Three
01-22-2014, 21:19
I tried to meet you more than half way already.... :boohoo

If you want, I can send a local contact of mine over to link up with you. :)

Les George
01-22-2014, 21:33
lol, that's the last thing I need!

Stiletto11
01-23-2014, 09:42
The NFL wants to know if it comes in pink.

PiterM
01-31-2014, 15:40
Most awesome Les!

Snaquebite
01-31-2014, 15:48
Nice! I'll just pretend it's named after me :lifter

mojaveman
01-31-2014, 16:02
Looks lethal. ;)

DJ Urbanovsky
02-01-2014, 13:07
Badass! I believe that's what you call a home run. :D

DDD
02-01-2014, 14:59
I don't think it will sell;) But (and only because I'm a nice guy) I would be willing to take one off your hands, just so you don't feel like you wasted all your time. Heck I'd even pay postage:D

chisumr
02-03-2014, 00:46
I think the knife is very beautiful and deadly looking as is. Are there any for sale? If so how much? Thanks!

mcarey
02-03-2014, 11:40
Alcon,

Les did an awesome job on the proto.

We are in the midst of programming the design for production.

Hope to have it ready for sale and show at Blade Show in June of 2014.

Thanks for the positive comments. We are going to try to stay true to Les' vision.

Mark

x SF med
02-03-2014, 11:56
Alcon,

Thanks for the positive comments. We are going to try to stay true to Les' vision.

Mark

But Les is a marine, marine's don't have vision, they just break stuff... and he is a bomb jockey too...

Nice work Les, I'll field test it for you guys...

Les George
02-04-2014, 13:44
But Les is a marine, marine's don't have vision, they just break stuff... and he is a bomb jockey too...

Nice work Les, I'll field test it for you guys...

We have vison, we just dont spell it good....

... and that "recovering" bomb jockey to you! :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
02-05-2014, 09:05
Looks lethal. ;)

I'll make sure it is........:munchin

x SF med
02-05-2014, 12:06
We have vison, we just dont spell it good....

... and that "recovering" bomb jockey to you! :rolleyes:

Brother... bomb jockeys never recover, they just learn to hide their addiction... you use a forge and hammers and grinders to mimic the explosions...;)

You spell ok for a Marine Bomb Jockey. Apologies for missing the capitalization of Marine in the original post, that was an egregious breach of etiquette... you understand breach, not so sure about egregious or etiquette... have you gotten to the "e's" yet?:p

Bill Harsey
02-07-2014, 07:53
Alcon,

Mark

Yep, what Mark says.
I handled that knife at SHOT Show.
A rare amazing good piece of work.
Very well done Les.

Les George
02-12-2014, 16:04
Brother... bomb jockeys never recover, they just learn to hide their addiction... you use a forge and hammers and grinders to mimic the explosions...;)

You spell ok for a Marine Bomb Jockey. Apologies for missing the capitalization of Marine in the original post, that was an egregious breach of etiquette... you understand breach, not so sure about egregious or etiquette... have you gotten to the "e's" yet?:p

I have not exploded anything in several years. Told my wife the other day that I kinda missed blowing up random cars. she just looked at me like I was crazy... Chicks are weird...

egregious etiquette... never heard of it.

Mr Bill, thank you! :)