PDA

View Full Version : Lattice Degeneration

future15
01-20-2014, 12:59
Hello,

My question is regarding a waiver for Lattice Degeneration and if this is waiverable for the Army SF.

I was dealing with the Navy trying to get into Spec Ops for the past year - waivers, consults, PST, MEPS, etc. I have had Lasik and i had to get a vision consult because of this. When i went to the vision consult the doctor found very minimal, early stage of Lattice Degeneration.
My vision waiver was denied and this was a disqualifier from BUMED for joining any branch of the Navy.

Does anyone have any information on whether this is a disqualifier for Army SF or if they grant waivers for this?

Thank You,

-S

Team Sergeant
01-20-2014, 13:03
Did you read the forum/board rules? :munchin

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452

Rules 2 and 3 apply to you now.....

future15
01-20-2014, 13:13
Yes, I was having technical difficulties with posting when i first joined. I have posted in the Introduction Thread.

Team Sergeant
01-20-2014, 13:23
"My vision waiver was denied and this was a disqualifier from BUMED for joining any branch of the Navy."

And you think Army Special Forces is going to allow you to join knowing this? Your vision and health has to be near perfect to join Special Forces.

The Reaper
01-20-2014, 13:37
Sticky:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63

Read the part about AR 40-501.

Then search and read vision waiver comments.

You might also want to search and read "A Message to Garcia". Also stickied.

That is the sort of men we are looking for.

TR

future15
01-20-2014, 13:38
I heard from my recruiter and MEPS that requirements were different between the branches.

future15
01-20-2014, 13:40
Thank you Reaper.

future15
02-01-2014, 11:40
Has anyone received a waiver for lattice degeneration? Or went through the process and been denied?
I've read all the requirements and am wondering if it is possible to get a waiver for lattice degeneration.