PDA

View Full Version : Father upset with terms on school’s sexual education poster

Paslode
01-16-2014, 08:06
Here at home...I see that a parent is up in arms about the sex education curriculum that his daughter was introduced to, and I am sure there more lining up behind him at this moment. Do middle school aged kids need to learn about the ways people express their sexual feelings? Anal Sex? Oral Sex? When are they going to add pets as a form of sexual expression?

Leigh Anne Neal from SMSD Ministry of Propaganda Department says:

“The curriculum it is a part of, it aligns with national standards around those topics, and it’s part of our curriculum in the school district,” she said.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/01/14/father-upset-with-terms-on-schools-sexual-education-poster/

Who makes these decision? Who sets the National Standards?
Kevin Jennings?

The Obama administration is stonewalling serious inquiries about sexual filth propagated by a senior presidential appointee who is responsible for promoting and implementing federal education policy.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/09/obamas-risky-sex-czar/

MAYBE it about money the School District receives...

President Obama today unveiled a budget for fiscal year 2010 that is sure to have some reproductive health activists cheering as he continues to fulfill the predictions I made for women's health policies when he was first elected. The new budget eliminates federal funding for the teaching of abstinence-only sex education in schools.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/on-women/2009/05/07/obama-budget-eliminates-funding-for-abstinence-only-sex-education

Lan
01-16-2014, 09:56
Kids are sexually active at that age but I don't believe it's the Department of Education's job to teach our kids about sex. It's a necessary evil, because some parents are so uninvolved with their kids, not addressing it at the school level is irresponsible.

Replace the sex class with finance, and hope parents teach their kids about sex, but who am I kidding?

Sohei
01-16-2014, 10:06
Personally, I am mostly impressed by the fact that a parent is actually involved with their child and pays attention to what is being taught to them while at school.

AngelsSix
01-18-2014, 19:50
SEX EDUCATION should be about safe sex, nothing more. We do not need to tell our kids how to have sex, they can figure out that part on their own. What they NEED to know is how to do it safely. The poster should talk about how to protect oneself from venereal diseases and pregnancy. That's it.

mojaveman
01-18-2014, 20:42
I can remember sex education in the California public education system begining in about the 7th grade. Myself and most of my peers thought it was pretty corny because we didn't learn anything that we didn't already know. Because of the internet today I can only imagine what teens have informed themselves on. I agree that sex education should be about preventing unplanned teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases and not sexual technique.

Max_Tab
01-18-2014, 21:55
Saw a news article on this and the worst part, the school said "the only thing they did wrong was not take the sign down". ie if they had taken it down the parents wouldn't have known hence it wouldn't be a problem.