PDA

View Full Version : Group Assignments post graduation

LAS
01-07-2014, 21:52
Im getting ready to finish up the Q course and I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how they are determining group assignments. I have french and based off of previous graduating classes, some guys who speak french have gone to either 10th or 3rd, but recently Ive heard of Russian speakers as well as Arabic speakers getting assigned to 3rd. They told us throughout the course that group was reorganizing but Im just having trouble figuring out the method to the madness. Either way im just happy to be going to a group and ill go anywhere, just curious as to how they decided or where that decision is made from.

Also, is it possible to get something similar to a letter of recommendation from a group to get "pulled" to that group?

Thanks

Pete
01-08-2014, 05:21
It's a Secret told only to those who put their first post in the proper place.

greyshade
01-08-2014, 11:59
Dude, you're about to finish the course and you come here and post that question? And written like a teenager texts?

:munchin

mark46th
01-08-2014, 13:32
Keep your eye on the 25 meter target. If and when you get your group assignment, just say thank you, show up on time and do your job.

The Reaper
01-08-2014, 14:09
Don't listen to these guys.

If you email your current Group CSM and tell him you would rather go to another Group, he will hook you up.

Best of luck.

TR

hotshot
01-08-2014, 14:36
Im getting ready to finish up the Q course and I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how they are determining group assignments. I have french and based off of previous graduating classes, some guys who speak french have gone to either 10th or 3rd, but recently Ive heard of Russian speakers as well as Arabic speakers getting assigned to 3rd. They told us throughout the course that group was reorganizing but Im just having trouble figuring out the method to the madness. Either way im just happy to be going to a group and ill go anywhere, just curious as to how they decided or where that decision is made from.

Also, is it possible to get something similar to a letter of recommendation from a group to get "pulled" to that group?

Thanks

Since you are a Soldier in the U.S. Army. The "method to the madness" is that you will be assigned to a Group based off of the needs of SF Regiment. Language, MOS, and Rank are factors in the decision. It's not about you, and it rarely will be.

During my time in SWCS few students have had success changing Group assignments.

One successful example recently was an 18C who spoke, Russian, Polish, French, and a couple of other Eastern European Dialects. He was assigned to 3rd instead of 10th. Between CSM's they decided to change his Group assignment.

An unsuccessful example that I recall is when a Soldier Emailed the SF Branch Manager (DO NOT DO THIS) with a long illustrious story (I read the email). His story was about 4 inflated paragraphs on how he has always loved the outdoors, and most of his family lives near Colorado. Lastly he asked the MSG at Branch to change his Group; that email was forwarded to the SWCS CSM and then to all of the Cadre :D

:lifter If you know what I mean...

Look, if you have a viable reason (EFMP, etc) then talk to your Cadre and take it from there.

CH