PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Impact Bullets

Toaster
01-07-2014, 18:22
So there is a new type of ammo that improves "accuracy" by splitting up in flight and staying attached via tether.... "Because you can't afford to miss" is the companies slogan

http://www.mibullet.com/index.html

<snip> (http://www.mibullet.com/Reasons.html)

THE PROBLEM:

Marksmen equipped with modern firearms and ammunition have proven time and time again to be highly ineffective in high pressure situations. The collateral damage caused by over penetration and/or misdirected fire is a public safety hazard.

FACT:

The rotation of bullets caused by the rifled barrels of guns significantly improves the stability of the projectile and improves accuracy. The average hand held gun firing modern bullet (slugs, jacketed or not) in laboratory tests, have an accuracy of +- ¾ inch at a range of twenty feet. If a shooter misses a target by any more than +- ¾ inch on any given shot, it means his aim was off.

FACT:

Improper final aim is the primary reason shooters miss their intended target. This unwanted misalignment of the gun barrel is caused by physiological responses (e.g. muscle twitch, adrenaline release), and inherent psychological factors (e.g. fear, anticipation, anxiety) that occur naturally to shooters in stressful situations. The combined negative reactions of the body and mind are what we refer to as Last Second Twitch (LST).

</snip>

Fascinating.... to think that people can use guns, not aim, and then expect to hit what they want. IMO these people cannot "have" targets, just things they think would be nice if their bullets hit, the non-aimers make themselves targets.:mad:

Simply sounds like good idea fairy thinking to me, though there may be people who fall into such a niche...I would think this is riskier to anyone else in the area.

There is always luck though...

Jackdogg
01-07-2014, 19:51
That looks wild, it look ok but seems to me you going to pay a lot because you can't shoot, go to the range and keep your old bullets.:confused:

Team Sergeant
01-07-2014, 21:12
So there is a new type of ammo that improves "accuracy" by splitting up in flight and staying attached via tether.... "Because you can't afford to miss" is the companies slogan

http://www.mibullet.com/index.html

<snip> (http://www.mibullet.com/Reasons.html)

THE PROBLEM:

Marksmen equipped with modern firearms and ammunition have proven time and time again to be highly ineffective in high pressure situations. The collateral damage caused by over penetration and/or misdirected fire is a public safety hazard.

FACT:

The rotation of bullets caused by the rifled barrels of guns significantly improves the stability of the projectile and improves accuracy. The average hand held gun firing modern bullet (slugs, jacketed or not) in laboratory tests, have an accuracy of +- ¾ inch at a range of twenty feet. If a shooter misses a target by any more than +- ¾ inch on any given shot, it means his aim was off.

FACT:

Improper final aim is the primary reason shooters miss their intended target. This unwanted misalignment of the gun barrel is caused by physiological responses (e.g. muscle twitch, adrenaline release), and inherent psychological factors (e.g. fear, anticipation, anxiety) that occur naturally to shooters in stressful situations. The combined negative reactions of the body and mind are what we refer to as Last Second Twitch (LST).

</snip>

Fascinating.... to think that people can use guns, not aim, and then expect to hit what they want. IMO these people cannot "have" targets, just things they think would be nice if their bullets hit, the non-aimers make themselves targets.:mad:

Simply sounds like good idea fairy thinking to me, though there may be people who fall into such a niche...I would think this is riskier to anyone else in the area.

There is always luck though...

I think their "facts" are a bit skewed...... ok maybe a shitload skewed.

The Reaper
01-07-2014, 21:48
Dumb as dirt.

If you want a shotgun, get one.

TR

Barbarian
01-08-2014, 08:25
Somebody watches too many sci-fi movies.