PDA

View Full Version : Immigration fears spark political firestorm in UK

mojaveman
12-27-2013, 20:48
For months, Britian's tabloids have repeatedly warned of the horrors they believe will ensue after Jan. 1, when work restrictions will be lifted across the European Union for migrants from Romania and Bulgaria - two of the trading bloc's newest members.

I know a few English folks who are pretty unhappy about all of the immigrants from Poland who have already moved there.

http://news.yahoo.com/immigration-fears-spark-political-firestorm-uk-112412048.html

The Viper
01-23-2014, 17:26
The news magazine The Economist had a great article in their first issue of the year on the rise of the right in Britain and Europe in general. It also outlined how the right wing in Europe at large could be poised to gain a lot of representation this year. These right wing parties are often anti immigrant and have views bordering on fascism. Amazing how a weak European economy, intolerance, and radical political parties gaining clout can make Europe of today not completely dissimilar the Europe of seventy years ago. Nationalism, xenophobia, could be the cause of the next war in Europe.

Stiletto11
01-24-2014, 07:46
This is happening all over Europe, wait til they try to form the Union of the Americas with the US, Canada and Mexico. ;)

mark46th
01-28-2014, 21:20
If I was a euro country, I would be encouraging companies to open factories and offices in those countries. If there is work at home, maybe they won't want to leave.