PDA

View Full Version : I'm a criminal

Sdiver
12-26-2013, 10:55
Well, looks like I'm a criminal.

The deadline for signing up for the ACA has come and gone. The deadline was originally set for the 23rd, but Barry extended it 24 hours, without Congressional approval (again), to midnight of the 24th.

As a full time student and as an independent/self-employed person, there is 1) NO-WAY I could/can afford the ACA and 2) I absolutely refuse to kowtow and sign up for this bilious and ridiculous measure, that everyone, I mean EVERYONE knows is nothing more than crap and only hurts, rather than helps this country.

So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, I've probably been picked up by an IRS SWAT team and am sitting in one of the many FEMA camps around the country. But I can guarantee you, they won't be taking me without a fight.

Any other criminals out there? :munchin

MR2
12-26-2013, 11:26
Don't worry we'll put the elite, but unclassified, Troop 323 on notice for rescue. Just need you to insert one of these:

Sdiver
12-26-2013, 11:35
WHEW !!!!!!
I'm glad Troop 323 has been placed on Stand-By.
I wouldn't want anyone one else to rescue my bacon from the fire.

miclo18d
12-26-2013, 11:38
:D:D:D should that have been in pink?

Peregrino
12-26-2013, 11:51
Don't worry we'll put the elite, but unclassified, Troop 323 on notice for rescue. Just need you to insert one of these:

Ouch! Given the current proclivity towards body cavity searches for misdemeanors, I guess that means Sdiver is in for "interesting" times.

Kasik
12-26-2013, 12:07
It goes without saying all of us who have VA healthcare benefits / TriCare (Retired) should make sure all our "stuff" is up to date and fully understandable to us.

We can do this a number of different ways. But, I've found, the best is making an appointment (if possible due to location) to go face to face with a TriCare advocate or your VA benefits team (i.e. OIF/OEF/OND assigned advocate if you are a veteran of GWOT).

A phone call to TriCare is next best for updates / confirmation / corrections.

If you are in the SOCOM Care Coalition check with your assigned advocate (contact the Care Coalition in Tampa if you're unsure of your status - their number(s) are on the website).

I'm doing my review right after the first of the year. :lifter

Gypsy
12-26-2013, 20:20
Well, looks like I'm a criminal.

Pay the fine, it's cheaper. :D

sinjefe
12-26-2013, 21:44
The only method they have to collect the fine is to take it out of a refund. Set up your taxes so you pay enough not to get a refund.

GratefulCitizen
12-27-2013, 09:19
The only method they have to collect the fine is to take it out of a refund. Set up your taxes so you pay enough not to get a refund.

Pay little enough.
Increase the number of withholding allowances (perfectly legal).