PDA

View Full Version : Pro Al Jazeera America

Divemaster
12-22-2013, 05:22
Yes, I know from where this channel hails. But if you live in the United States and do not receive, or don't watch, you miss a ton of international news. Fox News has pretty much zero international presence. CNN is better, but is not everywhere. I don't get BBC (except for the watered down BBC America), nor do I get Sky News.

AJAM, as it is abbreviated on the DirecTV channel guide, has reporters in many world hotspots and reports regularly. And I also get to see the full international version. I know this from my time in that AO. Same anchors on live at the times I saw them down range. More news sources are better than fewer. Check it out for yourself and make your own call.

Lan
12-22-2013, 12:23
Divemaster- I'll check it out because you suggest it, and I apologize if I'm posting what you meant when you said this: 'I know from where this channel hails', but this is something worth considering.

"...there is something unsettling about Gore making off with such a big payday from a government-subsidized channel after making such bad television. Nice work if you can get it."

Al Gore's tie to Al Jazeera (http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/07/opinion/kurtz-gore-al-jazeera/)

It's good to know we have a network that brings us more international news. If I can get beyond its inception to the American market, I will probably enjoy it.