PDA

View Full Version : House shoes AKA slippers

chance
12-14-2013, 23:20
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some heavy duty slippers for the Team Daddy, I've heard him piss and moan about how he had to run outside barefoot to take care of such and such. So I want to get him a pair of house slippers for Christmas, but I want them to be bomb proof.
Any ideas?

alelks
12-14-2013, 23:30
Sorry! I couldn't resits. :)

chance
12-14-2013, 23:58
Those are great!!! I can just see my return Christmas gift, A f#$king punch in the face.:D

Pete
12-15-2013, 05:47
Crocs

JJ_BPK
12-15-2013, 06:16
Crocs

I just picked up a set of these crocs for my Christmas visit to the kids in VA and New Years in London with my daughter & family.

I wanted something that had a little fuzzy warmth and water proof for walks. These are not hardcore hikers, but should fit your requirement??

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-blitzen-convertible/14672,default,pd.html?cid=6W2&cgid=fuzz-collection

Peregrino
12-15-2013, 07:40
I just picked up a set of these crocs for my Christmas visit to the kids in VA and New Years in London with my daughter & family.

I wanted something that had a little fuzzy warmth and water proof for walks. These are not hardcore hikers, but should fit your requirement??

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-blitzen-convertible/14672,default,pd.html?cid=6W2&cgid=fuzz-collection

Screw Chance's Team Daddy; I need a pair of those!

Chance - Thanks for bringing this up, now I have some Googling to do.

Unapologetic Soldier
12-15-2013, 09:21
I wear a pair of North Face slippers that are great. There not water proof or made to withstand the outdoors; but thats exactly what I use them for and have had no issues with them.

I use them to take my dogs out in the morning, camping trips.... When they start to get dirty I throw then into the wash and they come out brand new. Still going strong after four+ years.

http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=A1NH&storeId=207&langId=-1&catalogId=10201&variationId=A8C&variationName=LUMBERJACK%20RED%20(PLAID)%20%2F%20T NF%20BLACK

chance
12-15-2013, 10:35
JJ_BPK,

Thank a bunch, those will work great.:lifter

echoes
12-15-2013, 11:55
Here is my Pick! UGG's are great for men and women....maybe Santa will bring me a pair...:p These look like they would be great for any Team guy.;)

Holly

http://www.uggaustralia.com/men-slippers/lyle---suede/1003526.html?dwvar_1003526_color=CHE#start=12&cgid=men-slippers

chance
12-15-2013, 12:58
Crap Holly!!!
Those look AWESOME!!!! Crap decisions, decisions.

Sdiver
12-15-2013, 13:09
If he were really brave, he'd just go out in his bear feet.

http://www.bunnyslippers.com/novelty-slippers/grizzly-bear-paw-slippers.php

:D

Pete
12-15-2013, 13:40
The reason I say unlined, everyday rubber (whatever they are) crocs is because they are pretty much an all rounder.

I used to keep a pair of house shoes at the bottom of the steps, slip them on as I came down in the morning. I would wear them until I got dressed.

Getting the paper, taking the trash and recycle to the street and checking the rain gage were all done in the house shoes.

A few times getting too close to water puddles and I switched over to crocs.

Keep your toes warm in winter, don't notice in the summer and could wear them to the store.

Get too fancy and you defeat the purpose of a slip on knock-about.

tonyz
12-15-2013, 13:51
I use Crocs around the house the same way as Pete describes above.

I have worn out two pair. I buy the cheapest original Crocs I can find.

Have slipped a third pair on now after shoveling snow and left the boots in garage.

Keep a pair in the truck for after a hike or around camp.

Work in the heat, wet, can rinse them off with ease.

IMO, Crocs are a great all around - not fancy - slip-on knock-about as Pete calls them.

ETA one negative is that Crocs can be very slippery on some wet tile floors. Have almost taken a tumble when in a grocery store.

JJ_BPK
12-15-2013, 17:20
Screw Chance's Team Daddy; I need a pair of those!

Chance - Thanks for bringing this up, now I have some Googling to do.

When I signed up for croc's email sales flyer,
I received a 30%, one time discount.

The Reaper
12-15-2013, 17:45
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some heavy duty slippers for the Team Daddy, I've heard him piss and moan about how he had to run outside barefoot to take care of such and such. So I want to get him a pair of house slippers for Christmas, but I want them to be bomb proof.
Any ideas?

Merrell Jungle Mocc Slip-Ons.

Register for the pro program and get a significant discount.

TR

echoes
12-15-2013, 18:30
The reason I say unlined, everyday rubber (whatever they are) crocs is because they are pretty much an all rounder.

I used to keep a pair of house shoes at the bottom of the steps, slip them on as I came down in the morning. I would wear them until I got dressed.

Getting the paper, taking the trash and recycle to the street and checking the rain gage were all done in the house shoes.

A few times getting too close to water puddles and I switched over to crocs.

Keep your toes warm in winter, don't notice in the summer and could wear them to the store.

Get too fancy and you defeat the purpose of a slip on knock-about.

Pete Sir,

Crocs are great for limited use wear, IMO. However, if a sudden longer-wear scenario takes place, Crocs tend to leave toes un-supported, and an uneven support leads to aching and soreness. This opinion is based on my own personal trial and error running 8-15 hour stretches in said shoe.

Holly:munchin;)

echoes
12-15-2013, 18:33
Crap Holly!!!
Those look AWESOME!!!! Crap decisions, decisions.

Chance,

Haha, trust me....these are worth a try.....

Holly:cool:

Attila
12-15-2013, 19:36
Town View Leather Double Sole Moccasins. These are grate.

VVVV
12-16-2013, 09:27
Team daddy slippers.

Susa
12-16-2013, 10:55
While not as cute as the "Superman slips", I have given these as gifts for my brothers and for my Dad in years past. They hold up very well. Also- they have rubber soles, so there is more traction in ice.

http://www.uggaustralia.com/men-slippers/

ghp95134
12-16-2013, 11:04
We live Japanese-style: all "outside" shoes off while in the house. I have a pair of Crocks as house shoes -- very comfortable; and though we have carpeting, these would be the best thing for hardwood / tile floors because of the shoe's cushioning. Likewise, I have a pair of Crocks walking shoes for going outside for a short time. They have a more sturdy sole but still retain the comfortable cushion effect.

So, get the Team Daddy two pair of Crocks: one pair for house slippers, the other pair for running out on a snowy day to pick up the newspaper off the sidewalk.

--ghp

Badger52
12-16-2013, 11:12
+3 to what Pete and TonyZ already said. It's Rumsfeldian; a 3-minute decision and the first 2 are for coffee.

x SF med
12-16-2013, 17:42
these are what's needed: