PDA

View Full Version : So what color is Santa?

cbtengr
12-14-2013, 15:25
In all honesty I have only seen him depicted as white which equates to some as his not being inclusive. So is it time to dump Santa as a symbol of Christmas?

It's been suggested that a penguin replace the jolly old elf that we grew up with. I guess I have a hard time envisioning a penguin guiding that sleigh full of toys. No self respecting reindeer is going to be led by a penguin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2523601/Megyn-Kelly-concedes-Jesus-white-critics-attack-Santa-row.html

Pete
12-14-2013, 16:00
White with a good tan from hanging out in the med in the off season.

So if Santa is based on St Nick who was "whatever you want to call someone from Greece on around to Egypt" what "color are they.

If you go with the classic three classifications then yes he was white.

But really Santa is Santa, if he walked in the door whatever color he was I'd say "Hi Santa".

PRB
12-14-2013, 16:07
Usually Pink

Dusty
12-14-2013, 16:38
To 47% of the population of this Country, he's about half-black.

Sonofagunny
12-14-2013, 17:01
What? Santa is real? I thought he was a figment of our collective imagination.

PRB
12-14-2013, 17:26

Dusty, you know a Muzzie can't be Santa!

Dusty
12-14-2013, 18:17
Dusty, you know a Muzzie can't be Santa!

Extreme taqqiya mode

PSM
12-14-2013, 18:21
So what color is Santa?

Ask a blind child.

Pat

Dusty
12-14-2013, 18:38
Ask a blind child.

Pat

Blind from birth? That's good. I like that.

cbtengr
12-14-2013, 19:22
You can ask any child what color is Santa and I am going to bet that they would give you a blank look as Santa's color does not matter to them. It's the adults of the world who are always making an issue out of color. We will never live in a color blind society.

Dusty
12-14-2013, 21:28
I can honestly say that nobody on any of the ODA's I was on gave a flyin' flip about what color a guy was or what country he was born in.

We knew what we were made of; otherwise we wouldn't be there.

mojaveman
12-14-2013, 22:23

Good one Dusty. :D

PRB
12-14-2013, 22:37
Extreme taqqiya mode

Good thought! You can ID them cause they get excited when little boys sit on Santa's lap.

Pete
12-15-2013, 06:11
Well, Father Frost and Maiden Snow aren't getting into Tajikistan this year......

http://news.tj/en/news/tajik-official-confirms-information-about-banning-father-frost-new-year-s-broadcasts

"...“Father Frost, his maiden sidekick Snegurochka (Maiden Snow), and New Year’s tree will not appear on the state television this year, because these personages and attributes bear no direct relation to our national traditions, though there is no harm in them” Siddiqov told Asia-Plus in an interview on December 11.

According to him, there was no any order on that point from above. “The state TV channels have made such a decision themselves and the Committee for TV and Radio-broadcasting has just approved it,” Tajik official said...."

Well, at least on TV. Bet they sneak in and out of the country before you can blink an eye.

GratefulCitizen
12-15-2013, 19:19
Digging deeply enough, Santa Claus could probably be traced back to Babylonian religion.
Just another variant of Nimrod.

What color was Nimrod?

Pete
12-16-2013, 05:46
Since the film clip was about Jesus and Santa Claus lets see what Mohammad says about it. (Got to watch the whole think)

Mohammad Said Jesus Was a White Man......

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/mohammad-said-jesus-was-a-white-man-will-the-left-condemn-mohammad-too-video/

"The liberal media blasted FOX News host Megyn Kelly for saying Jesus and Santa were white men. (historical facts)

They had to do something.
She’s beautiful, talented, smart, level-headed and too damned popular.

Apparently, they forgot Mohammad said Jesus was a white man, too.
Liberals constantly defend Islam and won’t say disparaging things about prophet Muhammad, but did you know Muhammad described Jesus Christ as a very fair-skinned white man?......."

Black dogs, Red dogs, Yellow dogs?

Hey, it's a good clip.