PDA

View Full Version : Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty

Dusty
12-04-2013, 17:52
Dirty bomb makin's? :munchin

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/UN_UN_MEXICO_RADIOACTIVE_THEFT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-12-04-18-37-59

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- A stolen container of radioactive material was found empty Wednesday and radioactivity was detected nearby, Mexico's nuclear safety director said.

Authorities cordoned off an area about 1 kilometer (a half mile) from where the stolen truck and empty container were found in the state of Mexico, said Juan Eibenschutz, director general of the National Commission of Nuclear Safety and Safeguards.

"Fortunately there are no people where the source of radioactivity is," Eibenschutz said.

Eibenschutz said the truck was found in Hueypoxtla, an agricultural town of about 4,000 people.

The cargo truck hauling the extremely dangerous radioactive cobalt-60 from used medical equipment was stolen from a gas station early Tuesday, and authorities had put out an alert in six central states and the capital looking for it.

The truck was carrying a metal container of cobalt-60 to a nuclear waste facility in the state of Mexico, which is adjacent to Mexico City.

Eibenschutz said direct exposure to the cobalt would result in death within a few minutes.
Snip

chance
12-04-2013, 18:01
They just recovered it.:lifter

Dusty
12-04-2013, 18:16
They just recovered it.:lifter

lol "Why deed you hafta jack that estupid box, homes? Ay, de mi! I no feel so gooooood..."

Or, "Mustafa! Idiot! What we do now?!!!!!!"

Trapper John
12-04-2013, 20:10
lol "Why deed you hafta jack that estupid box, homes? Ay, de mi! I no feel so gooooood..."

Or, "Mustafa! Idiot! What we do now?!!!!!!"

LMAOROF :D:D Dusty, you be one funny, Hombre, Bro!

Team Sergeant
12-06-2013, 14:14
I just peed my pants from laughing so hard.......;)

Dec 6, 2:51 PM EST
Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation

PACHUCA, Mexico (AP) -- Federal police blocked access Friday to a central Mexico hospital where six people were reported to have been admitted with radiation exposure.

An official familiar with the case confirmed Mexican media reports that the six have been admitted to the general hospital in the city of Pachuca and may have been exposed to a stolen source of cobalt-60.

cont:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_MEXICO_RADIOACTIVE_THEFT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-12-06-14-07-00

CSB
12-06-2013, 14:44
Karma, she's a bitch.