PDA

View Full Version : Your best fitness App

MtnGoat
12-03-2013, 06:32
Okay, I don't see any thread covering APPs for any fitness. You give the reviews or your phone..Naples or android .

I'll through this one out there. I've down load many, from CF to timers, to couch to 5K, ROTC. This one is, so far, a good timer app. It gives you timers for all your different kinds of workouts. Intervals, tabata, stop watch, etc. Four total.

http://appcrawlr.com/ios/iwod-fitness

craigepo
12-03-2013, 08:50
I downloaded Tabata Pro for my iphone. I think the cost was $2.99. Really handy timer app. Easy to use, gives both loud audio and visual signals for beginning and end of cycles. Easy to change time for switching from tabata to HIIT workouts.

the_enforcer
01-26-2014, 08:55
Nike GPS is an awesome app to track runs and rucks.

hoepoe
01-26-2014, 09:31
On Andriod:
Runtastic Pro for running
Runtastic Mountain Bike for, well, mountain biking.

Because they are by the same company,. on the web interface, all workouts are displayed and calculated into the overall stats.

Very versatile website. I'm happy and have no reason to change.

Runtastic.com

H

I see they have other apps too http://reviews.cnet.com/software/runtastic-android/4505-3513_7-35567552.html

BTW my user has nothing to do with Fb and is completely independent.

head
01-26-2014, 11:40
Before I left on my most recent Army adventure, I was working on an app that would take three inputs... what equipment you had available (from a saved list that you could update as needed), what time available you had to do the workout, and what fitness component you wanted to work on (Cardio endurance, strength (upper body, lower body), work capacity). And then it would give you a WOD that fit those molds.

It seemed useful for when you find yourself in places where there are not GHD machines or pullup bars (until the 18C builds em), but you want to figure out new painful ways to use HMMWV tires and the one 55lb kettlebell you brought.

I'm tempted to finish it, but we'll see how work goes.

Roguish Lawyer
01-26-2014, 23:05
I like the 7 Minute workout. :munchin :o

Sapper124
01-27-2014, 02:19
The Ipod / Music function of course! helps me on rucks, runs, crossfit, oly lifts, and curls! :lifter

cowboy117
03-21-2014, 19:06
I know its a necro post, but I like WODBOX Pro. Gives you some options for WODs for different CrossFit gyms, and includes a stopwatch, tabata timer, and a round timer.

PSM
03-21-2014, 20:43
My drill instructor in Basic...

I totally agree with that! PT Instructor SSG Porter (who owes me his blue Corvette that he lost in a bet) told us, "It's hard to get in shape. It's easy to stay in shape." I remember that welcher's words every time I work out. I owe him for the advice, though. ;) I want my '68 blue Corvette, welcher. :mad:

Pat