PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers must prove themselves

Pete
12-01-2013, 14:07
Soldiers must prove themselves in the Air Assault training program that is new to Fort Bragg

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/12/01/1299336?sac=fo.local

"The first inklings of sunlight have not peeked over the pines on Fort Bragg when 130 troops gather in sub-30-degree temperatures in mid-November.

The soldiers and a few airmen are from varied backgrounds across post. Some have seen combat and are seasoned noncommissioned officers. Others are relatively new to the military, young privates and lieutenants....."

Third class of "Air Assault" on Fort Bragg.

SF_BHT
12-01-2013, 16:47
Whop whop whop I am a dope on a rope. Air Assault. :p

It was a good 2 week vacation when I went to Campbell with a few others. Loved to watch people about to die on the 12 mile ruck with that little ruck 35 lbs. we jogged the ruck and tried to motivate a few. The instructors complained and told us to leave them alone. Never understood that order........

The Bullwinkle badge never made it to my class As. But it was a good way to get away from post support....... Better to be training than mowing grass......

miclo18d
12-02-2013, 06:20
Air-n-salt

Oh I remember going through that course when I was at the 101st LRSD.

After being in the 75th for 6 years, it was like.....10 toughest days in the Army?....really? And yet there was a huge failure rate, especially for the PT test and obstacle course! For some that was quite an achievement. For others, just something that had to be completed because there was a Power Point slide with a unit pass rate on it and 100% looks good on an officers OER!

mojaveman
12-02-2013, 10:35
Soldiers must prove themselves in the Air Assault training program that is new to Fort Bragg.....Third class of "Air Assault" on Fort Bragg.

So why Bragg, is there no longer an Aerosol :p school at Ft. Campbell?

JimP
12-02-2013, 11:29
Don't know about ya'll, but as the token SF dude in the class they SMOKED me. Luckily I was in decent shape and played along but danged if they didn't get on me at every opportunity. I had fun with it and would comment on the attractiveness of the cadre now that they were back to wearing men's clothes.

It was a good experience - made honor grad; but...they did get their pound of flesh outta my narrow butt.

Beef
12-04-2013, 09:59
Don't know about ya'll, but as the token SF dude in the class they SMOKED me. Luckily I was in decent shape and played along but danged if they didn't get on me at every opportunity. I had fun with it and would comment on the attractiveness of the cadre now that they were back to wearing men's clothes.

It was a good experience - made honor grad; but...they did get their pound of flesh outta my narrow butt.

My experience was pretty much the same. Compounded by the fact that I had made a couple of jumps with the Air Insult Committee (101st Pathfinders) while doing my 300F-1 OJT at Blanchfield. And being a smart ass, I compounded it. Like asking the NCOIC if he was the "Chairman of the President's Council on Air Mobility and Mental Deficiency." Beau coup smoke brought on. But it was fun.