PDA

View Full Version : Green Beret Explains Why Special Forces Training Is Better Than An MBA

tim30006
11-26-2013, 20:45
What do you gentlemen think about his article?

http://www.businessinsider.com/special-forces-training-is-better-than-an-mba-2013-11

Trapper John
11-26-2013, 21:15
:lifter Use it every day!

Founding, building, and running a small biotech is a UW operation: in hostile territory, need to build human assets from the indig, avoid the enemy's superior forces, gather accurate intel, not nearly enough resources to accomplish the mission, scrounge resources, find a path to the objective, plan escape routes, .... the comparisons are identical.

My SF training experience has been invaluable. Building a management/advisory team of former SF - Priceless!

FlagDayNCO
11-27-2013, 10:36
Every time I drive pass the facility, I have to smile and think that you just set up a cover operation for an Impossible Mission Force. Complete with a runway. Ha Ha Ha. ;)

Trapper John
11-28-2013, 12:19
Every time I drive pass the facility, I have to smile and think that you just set up a cover operation for an Impossible Mission Force. Complete with a runway. Ha Ha Ha. ;)

Interesting you should mention that. Needed to relocate, no shit the Chinese have infiltrated to a point that I saw a huge security risk.

Send me a PM and we should plan to get together over a beer, lunch, dinner.

98G
11-29-2013, 07:06
The advantage I see in hiring SF, working with SF, and even my own Army and PSYOP training, it that when framed correctly, there is no job too difficult or complex to get completed. And no one intimidates you or breaks your composure because they "yelled" or threatened to fire you. :rolleyes:

Note: I say framed correctly because some jobs can look like a waste of time to an SF guy. If you can give a reasonable explanation for the need, no problem. :D

Golf1echo
11-29-2013, 08:27
Great article and so true. It is a very broad set of skills to bring to the business world with integrity rising to the top. Quite different than the linear tracks many in the business world have. It is mind boggling to see some of the skill sets and experience of retiring and former Special Force soldiers, just what you want in a business environment...