PDA

View Full Version : 18x/reserves

SinReap
11-25-2013, 09:32
I just hit ft benning and was wondering a question

We got a briefing and they asked who doesn't actually want to do SF so they can find who is wasting the cadres time within the X program... What would the option on the table be at that point? ( not me personally of course but why waste everyones time), was the first time I've heard of getting out of the contract period...

Hill
11-25-2013, 13:17

We got a briefing and they asked who doesn't actually want to do SF so they can find who is wasting the cadres time within the X program... What would the option on the table be at that point? ( not me personally of course but why waste everyones time), was the first time I've heard of getting out of the contract period...

It is my understanding that the 18x program is designed to qualify you as an 11b prior to sending you to SFAS, and if you wash out for any reason, you will be sent to an airborne infantry unit with or without an invitation to return after a certain amount of time depending on your performance. Also, for the question you edited out: SOPC should help you in getting prepared for SFAS, but I really hope you trained prior to shipping for Benning.

Best of luck with everything, man.

The Reaper
11-25-2013, 18:06
It is my understanding that the 18x program is designed to qualify you as an 11b prior to sending you to SFAS, and if you wash out for any reason, you will be sent to an airborne infantry unit with or without an invitation to return after a certain amount of time depending on your performance. Also, for the question you edited out: SOPC should help you in getting prepared for SFAS, but I really hope you trained prior to shipping for Benning.

Best of luck with everything, man.

Have you read the stickies at the top of this forum?

Your profile indicates no SF service.

What do you know about the pipeline?

11B, probably not to an airborne unit, if you drop before jump school.

I find your question suggesting self-doubt.

TR

Hill
11-25-2013, 18:43
Have you read the stickies at the top of this forum?

Your profile indicates no SF service.

What do you know about the pipeline?

I apologize, I seen his question in the New Posts search and tried to share what I have learned so far. After realizing where I posted, and being unable to delete it, I sent Team Sergeant a PM explaining what happened. I won't post a reply here again until I have earned the right to.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Hill

Ambush Master
11-25-2013, 18:49

Right after my youngest Son's Airborne Graduation, last July, he introduced me to a guy that he had been with from the start of OSUT. The guy told me he was heading to Bragg as an 18X and what he was looking forward to. NOT 2 hours later, when they were pulled together to hand out their orders to depart for Bragg, this kid, and I put it this way intentionally, told them that he didn't want to go 18X!!!

That is probably why they are asking earlier in the process!!

And TR is spot on, they do not like folks that take up 18X slots and change their minds!!! It's then on to the needs of "Mother Army"!!!

Later
Martin

SinReap
12-15-2013, 12:12

I am not the one to whom this question was for, it was for my own knowledge based on the word of the liaison, as I have never heard of that being an option.

The answer is clearer now.

Also, according to AR 350-6 page 52, prior service are allowed the same privileges as permanent cadre during OSUT, or am I reading this regulation wrong?

I find a Gerber and phone to be useful sometimes.. heh :p

The Reaper
12-15-2013, 19:32

I am not the one to whom this question was for, it was for my own knowledge based on the word of the liaison, as I have never heard of that being an option.

The answer is clearer now.

Also, according to AR 350-6 page 52, prior service are allowed the same privileges as permanent cadre during OSUT, or am I reading this regulation wrong?

I find a Gerber and phone to be useful sometimes.. heh :p

For whomever is asking, people who are already trying to figure out what they will be doing after they fail are already on the road to failure.

Your body will carry you a lot further than you think it can, if you have dedicated your mind completely to success at any price.

TR

SinReap
12-17-2013, 23:49
Yes sir.