PDA

View Full Version : Air Assault Ruck Record Broken

Powder
11-23-2013, 01:06
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/viewart/20131121/NEWS01/311210048/Making-history-Air-Assault-School

A CPT with 3rd BDE, 101st ABN DIV broke the unofficial ruck march record at the Sabalauski Air Assault School with a 12 mile time of 1 hour and 37 minutes.

If my math is correct, that is almost an 8 minute mile. The article claims that the CPT said his achievement came from training with the Ft. Campbell 10 miler team and his personal marathon training.

Last hard class
11-23-2013, 06:02
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/viewart/20131121/NEWS01/311210048/Making-history-Air-Assault-School

A CPT with 3rd BDE, 101st ABN DIV broke the unofficial ruck march record at the Sabalauski Air Assault School with a 12 mile time of 1 hour and 37 minutes.

If my math is correct, that is almost an 8 minute mile. The article claims that the CPT said his achievement came from training with the Ft. Campbell 10 miler team and his personal marathon training.

Not an unreasonable time:

When I went through the ruck march was not weighted. Contents encompassed the school packing list. Rubber boots, pancho liner ect... Total weight was less than 15 lbs.
I ran the ruck march and was so far ahead that I beat the cadre to the turn and thus kept on going. When I completed the base circuit hours ( and a shit load of miles) later, they accused me of skipping the march.

Top notch people.

I do admit the sling loading was worth while.

LHC

mark46th
11-23-2013, 13:01
Richard- In Phase I, didn't we have to run 5 miles in less than 40 minutes with our ruck? We did it at CMK's runways, IIRC...

Powder
11-24-2013, 00:51
... Total weight was less than 15 lbs...

I was not aware of that. I wonder if that has changed. I was under the impression that the weight of the ruck was around 35 lbs. Either way it is a note worthy accomplishment.

Beef
11-25-2013, 10:31
Not an unreasonable time:

When I went through the ruck march was not weighted. Contents encompassed the school packing list. Rubber boots, pancho liner ect... Total weight was less than 15 lbs.
I ran the ruck march and was so far ahead that I beat the cadre to the turn and thus kept on going. When I completed the base circuit hours ( and a shit load of miles) later, they accused me of skipping the march.

Top notch people.

I do admit the sling loading was worth while.

LHC

I went thru in '83 and that's how it was. A USMA grad that had just been assigned to 101st did it at a 9:15-9:30 pace IIRC. Got slammed by the cadre at the finish because we'd put our rifles and helmets inside the rucks.