PDA

View Full Version : Female Recruiting Stategy

cbtengr
11-20-2013, 07:44
As much as I would like to comment on which branch of the services I think has the best looking women I am going to just keep my mouth shut. :)

A U.S. Army spokeswoman has said images of 'average-looking women' should be used to advertise to female recruits as photographs of more attractive soldiers confuse the reality of the roles in combat.

A leaked email that circulated revealed how a leading strategy analyst affirmed 'ugly women are perceived as competent while pretty women are perceived as having used their looks to get ahead.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510492/U-S-Army-told-advertise-recruits-using-average-looking-women.html#ixzz2lC1e51hN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Max_Tab
11-20-2013, 07:48
No 1 is easy, Air Force. 2 was a surprising Marine Corp, followed by Army, and bringing up the rear :D barely in the running was the Navy.

My opinion

cbtengr
11-20-2013, 10:16
The question remains though, can good looking women be competent, regardless of what they are wearing?

Max_Tab
11-20-2013, 10:22
They can be competent, but the real question is will she be respected?

Richard
11-20-2013, 10:43
The question remains though, can good looking women be competent, regardless of what they are wearing?

Do you realize you 'said' that out loud? :confused:

Richard

cbtengr
11-20-2013, 10:46
Do you realize you 'said' that out loud? :confused:

Richard

As a matter of fact I do, and I got a reply.

Richard
11-20-2013, 10:51
As a matter of fact I do, and I got a reply.

My question was patently rhetorical - no repy was expected.

Richard

Richard
11-23-2013, 11:44
And in the DODs upper ecehlons world of 'open mouth-insert boot' - so it goes...

Two colonels involved in a controversy over showing “pretty” female soldiers in Army communications no longer have their jobs, the Army confirmed Nov. 22.

Col. Lynette Arnhart stepped down from her position heading the Army’s study on the integration of women into combat arms, and Col. Christian Kubik, who was the Training and Doctrine Command public affairs officer, was suspended.

http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20131122/NEWS/311220041/

Richard

ddoering
11-23-2013, 17:40
Funny, the PC crowd downs the fashion industry for models not being representative of the female population yet when it is suggested that the Army use a more representative slice people are removed. Why not just use the ones already in. Most are plain anyways......:eek: