PDA

View Full Version : Diving in Key Largo and the keys any one up to it?

SF_BHT
11-19-2013, 09:25
Well ia am trying to get some time off that HQ owes me and I thought it would be nice to go up to the Keys for a change of pace.

The dates are not set yet but sometime toward the end of Jan to first week of Feb 2014. I am going to take a course for 3 days on wreck penetration but I plan on diving for a week or more.

Any one know of a cheap place to pass out each day? I am low maintance and would rather spend my cash on drinking with buddy's, diving and some food to keep the engine running rather than dropping a mint on a place I will only use for 4-6 hrs per day.

Key Largo is where I can do the wrecks I want but after the training I am willing to go down the keys to dive and drink, not in that order after a few days.

Any of you bubble blowers like to get wet and have a few while it is cold up north?
It would be nice to meet up with some of the brothers if they are available...... Hell Bill Mercer may be with me so I need some help keeping out of trouble.:munchin

VonHawk
11-19-2013, 09:49
Hell Bill Mercer may be with me so I need some help keeping out of trouble.:munchin

Oh my. With Bill Mercer in the equation you're going to need a PSD Team to keep you guys out of trouble. Maybe he'll take you out alligator hunting too :D

MR2
11-19-2013, 09:53
Thinking... Have some ideas - will make some inquiries.

If you bring Mercer along, you both may have to post a $10,000 damage deposit/bond first...

Edit:
Bah... Normally a condo week is around $300-350, but the Keys in January is High Season. :mad:

This is Ocean Pointe Suites at Key Largo Resort $1220, 2 bdrm (6/Full).
http://www.afvclub.com/search_resorts/search_results&swdate=01/2014&mlid=68

SF_BHT
11-19-2013, 19:08
Bill is going to Peru with me prior to Key West. That is going to be the hard trip to keep out of trouble with..........

UWOA (RIP)
11-19-2013, 23:04
My current plan is to pick up my boat, a 42 ft Hunter Passage, in Jacksonville the latter part of January and take her down to Dinner Key (Miami) by the beginning of February. My boat would make an excellent dive platform and I also have a 10 ft. rubber dinghy with a 6 hp outboard to scoot around.

Bottom line: I've got my gear and I'll be in the area. (I'll be doing the Keys and hopefully the Bahamas until May ... at least that's the plan.)

ZonieDiver
11-27-2013, 10:39
It sounds good, but I will probably be on the Left Coast in the colder ocean at that time.