PDA

View Full Version : Time Lapse Map of Nuclear Explosions On Earth

Richard
11-15-2013, 12:49
Fascinating to watch and ponder.

Richard

Time lapse map of every nuclear explosion ever on Earth
Memolition, Oct 2013

http://memolition.com/2013/10/16/time-lapse-map-of-every-nuclear-explosion-ever-on-earth/

Sdiver
11-15-2013, 13:39
Wow !!!!!

Of the ones that the US "popped" off, how many were Israeli ???

PSM
11-15-2013, 14:13
Nevada really got hammered. :D

Pat

Team Sergeant
11-15-2013, 14:23
Nevada really got hammered. :D

Pat

I'm not really sure all of those in NV were nukes. I was there with a couple of SF guys back in the 80's and some of those blasts may have been us on the demo range.......;)

Snaquebite
11-15-2013, 15:30
I'm not really sure all of those in NV were nukes. I was there with a couple of SF guys back in the 80's and some of those blasts may have been us on the demo range.......;)

We dropped some structures with C-4 and fertilizer that survived nuke blasts in the early 80's. :lifter :D

The Reaper
11-15-2013, 18:34
I had no idea that the Phrench tested so many nukes.

Why?

TR

Sdiver
11-15-2013, 18:42
I had no idea that the Phrench tested so many nukes.

TR

That surprised me as well.

Again, got caught looking in the wrong place at where/when the first Nuke detonated. I instantly zeroed in on Japan, but then see that little light go off in New Mexico.

I keep forgetting that. :(

Flagg
11-15-2013, 23:09
So there's been a couple thousand nuclear weapons lit off in the last 68 years, with a substantial chunk of them above ground tests.

And while I know it's not the same as TMI, Chernobyl(with it's own set of communist inspired design flaws), and Fukushima........but I wonder if all these above ground nuclear tests are relevant to an argument against the anti-nuclear power fear mongering druid crowd?

As I understand it Japan and Germany are looking at shutting down their commercial nuclear power plants as a result of Fukushima(even though mother nature threw her worst at it without cooking off) to the tune of trillions of dollars of cash needing to be exported in order to import the replacement energy.

I've seen this popping up on social media......I reckon it should include a time graph of total known/estimated nuclear weapons on the planet.....that would also make for a very interesting visual with the dramatic decline in Russian/US warheads.

And maybe a pie chart of proportional warheads on the planet to better communicate to the ignorant public where failed states like Pakistan sit in the mix.

BrokenSwitch
11-17-2013, 05:24
Of the ones that the US "popped" off, how many were Israeli ???

What nukes?