PDA

View Full Version : How the way we walk can increase risk of being mugged

Pete
11-05-2013, 08:03
How the way we walk can increase risk of being mugged

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131104-how-muggers-size-up-your-walk

".....How you move gives a lot away. Maybe too much, if the wrong person is watching. We think, for instance, that the way people walk can influence the likelihood of an attack by a stranger. But we also think that their walking style can be altered to reduce the chances of being targeted........."

An interesting direction of study.

Sohei
11-05-2013, 10:11
It's natural. Predators seek easy prey -- those that appear weak, sick, or display a lack of physical ability to defend themselves.

It's always interesting to watch the average person in the mall. They are clueless of what is going on around them.

Team Sergeant
11-05-2013, 11:43
I just finished a 3 mile walk, had a .40 USP, 2x mags (25 rds total) and a smile. Beautiful day here in the Valley of the Sun.

As B. A." Baracus used to say: "I pity the fools......." :munchin

18C4V
11-05-2013, 12:34
Don't forget about body langauge on public transportation. Mostly it's lack of SA, people don't pay attention and don't realize that people are watching for easy victims.

The Reaper
11-05-2013, 13:02
Don't forget about body langauge on public transportation. Mostly it's lack of SA, people don't pay attention and don't realize that people are watching for easy victims.

You mean the blinged out knucklehead with headphones on and his eyes closed?

TR

TOMAHAWK9521
11-05-2013, 18:12

I like to take a head count of everyone plugged into some form of electronic entertainment while riding on the metro bus to and from school. It's very interesting to see. Lord help them if a semi loses control while turning and everyone has their heads down in their laps.