PDA

View Full Version : Difibulator/ and a request

larfive
11-22-2004, 08:38
ND,

Awhile back you showed a small difibulator. I'm putting together my primary and secondary trauma kits and would like to add one.

Also, anyone on bragg can square me away with a stethoscope (i think thats how you spell it.) I lost mine somewhere in Uhwarrie. Just useable scope until I can get a littman.

Lar5

Surgicalcric
11-22-2004, 09:14
larfive:

Are you talking about an Automated External Defibrillator more commonly referred to as an AED? If so those little toys are rather expensive to be placing in an AID Bag.

Just my .02.

Crip

larfive
11-22-2004, 10:01
Roger,

Brain fart on my end. Im putting together a trauma bag and ND had a picture of a very small AED. Perfect for my modified STOMP bag. My bag is in an ALS confirguration with Airway management supplies and the like. The only thing I dont have is 02. Your right, they are expensive, but considering the scenarios I will encounter I want to be as prepared as possible.

Do you know anyone on bragg I can link up with to get a stetiscope?

Lar5

Surgicalcric
11-22-2004, 12:47
Roger,

Brain fart on my end. Im putting together a trauma bag and ND had a picture of a very small AED. Perfect for my modified STOMP bag. My bag is in an ALS confirguration with Airway management supplies and the like. The only thing I dont have is 02. Your right, they are expensive, but considering the scenarios I will encounter I want to be as prepared as possible.

Do you know anyone on bragg I can link up with to get a stetiscope?

Lar5

Okay then...just wanted you to know they are quite a purchase.

As for the scope, let me make a call or two. I have a few sitting around back at the FD.

Crip

swatsurgeon
11-22-2004, 16:19
if I can add my 2 cents...is the stomp bag being carried on active duty or civilian duty?? Traumatic arrest in theater means no defibrillation so I was just wondering.

Roguish Lawyer
11-22-2004, 16:21
Do you really want to be calling him ND? I believe this is a sensitive point. LMAO

larfive
11-23-2004, 07:31
if I can add my 2 cents...is the stomp bag being carried on active duty or civilian duty?? Traumatic arrest in theater means no defibrillation so I was just wondering.

It depends on the unit. I've seen the STOMP BAG in both theatres. Mine is for other duties.