PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon training manual: white males have unfair advantages

BMT (RIP)
10-31-2013, 14:02
“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute.

I"d like to know what POS signed off on this crap!! :-((

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

BMT

Paslode
10-31-2013, 14:21
EEOC....ADA.....good ideas that have taken extreme left turns

jbour13
10-31-2013, 15:13
Well as I see it, you can elect to fix one of those categories quickly yourself if you are disciplined enough to. That is your own health.

The other requires you to ascribe to something bigger than yourself. That is the religion.

I'm sorry, but I didn't ask to be born white, and therefore believed to be thought of as privileged. I do what most of us do, expectation management. I'm an analyst, I make people well aware that I'm not clairvoyant or a mind reader. I say this because each person owes it to themselves, and especially those of us in the military (or former) to have some self awareness and let each other know what we can do.

This is yet another document of progressive bullshit that explains away any responsibility for your own actions and allows you to play the victim. Learned helplessness.

http://psychology.about.com/od/lindex/f/earned-helplessness.htm

Not the best source, but it sells the point of play the victim, be the victim. Instead of standing up and earning something based on merit, you can just put on puppy dog eyes and get given your accolades. What a bunch of bullshit.

Surf n Turf
10-31-2013, 15:35
Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."
“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege,

I'm pushing 72 years old, and waiting for this "white privilege" to kick in -- better hurry, as I'm gettin' tired of working hard for everything.
SnT

Richard
10-31-2013, 17:19
It may not be a study guide in current use...but this school sure has a way of producing poorly edited inflammatory materials. IIRC we went round on this course's curriculum perviously over something that called the 'Founding Fathers' extremists or some such thing.

Richard

BMT (RIP)
10-31-2013, 18:06
http://personal.crocodoc.com/AkQ0Rg2

EAOC student guide.

BMT

Flagg
10-31-2013, 18:07
Would it be correct in stating that the various institutions of the US military desegregated/integrated well before the rest of the US?

I wonder if this stuff is partially as a reaction from government as a result of institutional jealousy?

What I mean by that is the US government(Legislative/Executive Branches) is currently suffering from long-term low popularity ratings from its own citizens while the US military I would guess would be force ranked as the most respected of public institutions in the US.

Do the political class view the military that serves them as a threat?

Wouldn't that at least partially explain efforts to try to drag military institutions down to their level?

In a way it feels like vandalism on an institutional/massive scale…….

69harley
11-01-2013, 07:40
In light of this new information, I find it very odd that from the time of my enlistment in 1983 to my retirement in 2005, almost all of the instructors and leaders I had were of some minority. Fromthe drill sergeants, Black Hats, RIP Instructors, RIs, various TACs, squad leaders, platoon sergeants, first sergeants, sergeant majors, of course all of them were males because of the type units, but the majority were some type of minority. This catholic, striaght, white boy sure didnt sense any type of entitlement.

JM1347
11-03-2013, 10:07
I had to attend the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute in 1990. Was DA selected, damned sure didn't volunteer for it. While there were some portions of the curriculum that were educational and very informative, I did find many part to inflammatory and tended to instigate extreme verbal confrontations. I do remember that a lot of their data that they used was from the Southern Poverty Law Center which is nothing more than a PAC. So I personally take a skeptical view of material from DEOMI, with out doing some additional research on their information. During the 2 years that I had to function in the EEO role, the majority of the things that I dealt with were not really discrimination,. Most of the issues were related to poor communication and in many cases the lack of job performance counseling.

Team Sergeant
11-03-2013, 10:28
“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute.

I"d like to know what POS signed off on this crap!! :-((

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

BMT

And all this time I thought Oprah Winfrey was a billionaire, silly me. :munchin

ddoering
11-03-2013, 17:02
This whole thing is more than slightly insulting to every white male that has served this country. The author should be taken out and horse whipped, tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

ddoering
11-06-2013, 11:49
Having thought further on this I now realize why O dosen't like the Constitution- it was written by white guys as well. Another example of flawed white thinking.