PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous game

Divemaster
10-23-2013, 13:17
Does anyone have a .577 Nitro Express double rifle I can borrow? This critter is on the side of my house and from the way she looks at me I'm guessing a fast followup shot may be required. If successful, I may also require the services of a good taxidermist.

Toaster
10-23-2013, 13:51
Anzio Iron works makes a rifle that might be more useful....you should be able to work the bolt before you recover from the recoil. :D

http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

Sdiver
10-23-2013, 16:15
For a creepy crawly like that, I think you need something a little bigger than that .557 Nitro Express.

Just make sure you bring two sets of ear plugs ....

tonyz
10-23-2013, 16:26
For a creepy crawly like that, I think you need something a little bigger than that .557 Nitro Express.

Just make sure you bring two sets of ear plugs ....

Quick, get Dusty that weapon...looks perfect for the rapscallion that's been giving him fits...I want to see him posting again pronto !
:D

Sdiver
10-23-2013, 16:40
Quick, get Dusty that weapon...looks perfect for the rapscallion that's been giving him fits...I want to see him posting again pronto !
:D

That is what I initially was going to do, get it to Dusty and help him out, but alas and alack .... we won't be seeing him 'round these here parts for quite some time. :(

longrange1947
10-23-2013, 17:07
Would not shoot that punt gun from the shoulder. It was for taking out a flock of ducks or geese on the water. Meant to be lashed to the bow of a punt boat. :D

Would wipe out that creepy crawly though. :)

PSM
10-23-2013, 17:21
Does anyone have a .577 Nitro Express double rifle I can borrow? This critter is on the side of my house and from the way she looks at me I'm guessing a fast followup shot may be required. If successful, I may also require the services of a good taxidermist.

How big was she? We had a Wolf spider in a plant on the front deck, a couple of weeks ago, that was larger than our standard Tarantulas. :eek: They are creepier, too. Then again, I've become rather fond of our Tarantulas.

Pat

The Reaper
10-23-2013, 17:27
That is what I initially was going to do, get it to Dusty and help him out, but alas and alack .... we won't be seeing him 'round these here parts for quite some time. :(

Now what if someone else found that deer, and finished him off quietly without Dusty knowing that.

He could be looking for that animal for a LONG time.

I hope he finds something similar soon. Kinda quiet without him.

TR

Sdiver
10-23-2013, 19:28
Now what if someone else found that deer, and finished him off quietly without Dusty knowing that.

He could be looking for that animal for a LONG time.

I hope he finds something similar soon. Kinda quiet without him.

TR

....and as stubborn and pig-headed as Dusty is, I'm thinking you might be changing Dusty's label from "Quiet Professional" to that old Indian term "Vegetarian."

Quick, someone shoe a feral hog into Dusty's A.O. so at least he's got something to shoot at. :munchin

Divemaster
10-23-2013, 22:26
How big was she? We had a Wolf spider in a plant on the front deck, a couple of weeks ago, that was larger than our standard Tarantulas. :eek: They are creepier, too. Then again, I've become rather fond of our Tarantulas.

Pat

It was bigger than most. Here's a picture of her kicking aside a manhole cover. You know it's true because that's the file name of the photo. She must have brought the cover with her after terrorizing the city since we're on septic here.

PSM
10-23-2013, 22:29
It was bigger than most. Here's a picture of her kicking aside a manhole cover. You know it's true because that's the file name of the photo. She must have brought the cover with her after terrorizing the city since we're on septic here.

:D My spider can kick your spider's ass! :p

Pat

Divemaster
10-23-2013, 22:36
:D My spider can kick your spider's ass! :p

Pat

Have at it, and you're welcome to home field advantage too.