PDA

View Full Version : Afghan special forces commander defects with guns to insurgents

MR2
10-20-2013, 10:41
Afghan special forces commander defects with guns to insurgents (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/10/20/uk-afghanistan-army-idUKBRE99J06T20131020?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=451)

An Afghan army special forces commander has defected to an insurgent group allied with the Taliban in a Humvee truck packed with his team's guns and high-tech equipment, officials in the eastern Kunar province said on Sunday.

Monsif Khan, who raided the supplies of his 20-man team in Kunar's capital Asadabad over the Eid al-Adha religious holiday, is the first special forces commander to switch sides, joining the Hezb-e-Islami organisation.

MtnGoat
10-20-2013, 14:26
I'm surprised this hasn't happen more often with the ANASF and CDOs. This will happen more once more of these units are independent and without any NATO elements.

FlagDayNCO
10-21-2013, 10:33
Reading the one point in the article where 1 in 5 deaths was attributed to insider attacks. Considering our boys are allowed to be too agressive anymore under the ROE, that is a glaring number. Many of those attacks are inside the wire, close to urgent medical care. That number would be greater if more of the attacks were outside the wire.

The equipment lost with the turncoat can be an eye opener, but this has been a problem for some time. Yeah, we taught him everything he knows and he filled a truck full of equipment.

Perhaps he should be the target of a very loud and bright response. Bigger than a drone strike. Level a village so they know not to cross over to the dark side.

Yeah, I forgot. We don't make big booms anymore. Licky chewies and flip flops for everyone.

Box
10-21-2013, 14:53
This is awesome. It a good thing we focus on not upsetting anyones sensibilities or else they might use those weapons against us.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
- Ellen Ripley