PDA

View Full Version : with us or against us

danjam
11-21-2004, 07:54
I don't want to "bash" france in anyway, it is just interesting that their political "way" of seeing/doing things is so liberal.

The article addresses the Ba'ath party in Paris. This touches home in that France has allowed Hizbollah to broadcast there as well.

http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=IA19704

The Reaper
11-21-2004, 08:23
This from a country that was an appeaser of the Nazis, hardly fought against them when invaded, collaborated with Hitler, helped with rounding up its own Jewish citizens for deportation to the death camps, continued with its colonial oppression into the 1960s, pulled out of NATO in the face of Soviet threats, and supported some of the worst despots in history, including Sadaam himself.

The gall of anyone in France to say a word about U.S. interventionism, after American troops gave them their country back TWICE in the last 100 years, bespeaks of arrogance, ingratitude, and the worst type of duplicity. Over 500,000 Americans gave their lives in the two World Wars to save France from the Germans, 56,681 U.S. soldiers remain buried on French soil.

Thanks a heap, buds.

I hope our leadership remembers this next time the French ask for help.

TR

danjam
11-21-2004, 09:21
I lived in France for a year and a half, although this gave me a slight insight into their humour, language etc... I still wonder WHY they act in this way towards the english speaking countries? (or is it just the english)

Is it their constitution, an ulterior motive?

I guess it is like trying to understand the enemy ... kinda

Achilles
11-21-2004, 10:23
The french people still believe that france is a powerful country which it is not. They still have the same arrogance they had during the Napoleon years. Having rescued them TWICE from the Germans only made them feel humiliated. At no time in the immediate future will they work with us or back us on pertinent issues. They have very little military power and I wouldn't be surprised if their troops were ineffective in combat since they are only used for attacking weak African countries. I don't think I could have said it any better than TR.

Huey14
11-21-2004, 16:51
At least they didn't bomb you guys.

I don't care what they do to Greenpeace- it's not my concern. Just don't bomb them in my fucking harbour.

It may have been 20 years, but I won't forget.

Roguish Lawyer
11-21-2004, 21:15
At least they didn't bomb you guys.

I don't care what they do to Greenpeace- it's not my concern. Just don't bomb them in my fucking harbour.

It may have been 20 years, but I won't forget.

Actually, that's one of the few French actions I liked. :D

Huey14
11-21-2004, 22:09
Like I said, I don't care what they do to Greenpeace I just don't like where they did it. ;)

At least we caught the fuckers. Seems their tradecraft was a little off :lifter

Bravo1-3
11-21-2004, 23:31
This from a country that was an appeaser of the Nazis, hardly fought against them when invaded, collaborated with Hitler, helped with rounding up its own Jewish citizens for deportation to the death camps, continued with its colonial oppression into the 1960s, pulled out of NATO in the face of Soviet threats, and supported some of the worst despots in history, including Sadaam himself.

The gall of anyone in France to say a word about U.S. interventionism, after American troops gave them their country back TWICE in the last 100 years, bespeaks of arrogance, ingratitude, and the worst type of duplicity. Over 500,000 Americans gave their lives in the two World Wars to save France from the Germans, 56,681 U.S. soldiers remain buried on French soil.

TR

Sir,
I submit to you that there was a damn good reason the Romans called the place "Gaul".