PDA

View Full Version : Norco Bank robbery...

MAB32
10-08-2013, 21:19
I remember this incident. The Deputy that was killed was a former member of CCN.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQXXcFmMVNE

mojaveman
10-08-2013, 21:28
Live just up the road from Norco and remember the incident well.

One main point that I recall is that after being chased into the local mountains the robbers set up a hasty ambush around a bend in the road where Deputy Evans couldn't see them. Officers in a Hughes 500 in the air could see what was about to happen but were unable to warn Evans because of incompatible communications. He met his demise and the perpetrators were later followed on foot into the mountains where they were captured or killed.

All surviving conspirators are doing life without parole in California Prisons.

bushmaster11
10-10-2013, 12:18
J B Evans was close personal friend, we were together at CCN 69-70. I had visited him in Riverside about a month before his death. He was so proud of his wife and son. We joked about his need for adrenaline, and he said that being a deputy gave him that while it was less hazardous than being on police force. He talked about being able to serve his community with his skillset. He had gone through the "Q" together with Robert Noe (CPT ret.). I am sure he did not anticipate an automatic weapons and grenade ambush from civilians, in that time frame, automatic weapons and explosives were not as readily available as they are today.

J R sends
DOL