PDA

View Full Version : "Stronger warning" to Sudan

Achilles
11-18-2004, 19:01
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/africa/11/18/sudan.un/index.html

Looks like Sudan needs a "Stronger Warning." Evidently the UN is trying to stop mass genocide by threatening to send them an even angrier letter.:rolleyes: Those animals are lucky we are busy on two fronts. How much longer do yall think Kofi Annan will last before hes ousted?

rubberneck
11-18-2004, 21:22
It's almost like watching a new age hippy parent trying to get their out of control child under control. "Mommy said stop", "its time for you to reflect on your actions", didn't I just ask you to stop?", "tell me how you feel", "what can mommy do to make things better for you" yadda, yadda, yadda. After ten minutes of watching this little animal tear apart a store I get the itch to pull off my belt and set things right. The UN needs to wake up and realize that it is ok to try and settle it peacefully but when one part tells them to sod off its time for the belt.

Airbornelawyer
11-18-2004, 21:34
Or the Robin Williams line about unarmed British police constables: "Stop! Or I shall yell stop again!"

flyboy1
11-19-2004, 07:11
Or the Robin Williams line about unarmed British police constables: "Stop! Or I shall yell stop again!"

:D

I worked for a VP of Operations a few years ago that had the same problem. He would try to enforce policies and procedures to district Mgr's. without any consequence for lack of compliance.

It was a short lived career for him.

Sdiver
11-19-2004, 16:45
I wonder.....

Can you give a WHOLE country a Time Out???

"You....Sudan....I'm giving you a Time Out, now go sit in the corner with Uganda..."