PDA

View Full Version : A New Low for CNN

ender18d
10-07-2013, 19:37
I've seen some jacked up #$% in my day, but this just goes too far...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/opinion/bergen-terrorist-hunters/index.html?hpt=op_t1

Unbeknownst to the pirates, days earlier a contingent from SEAL Team 6 had parachuted at night into the ocean near the USS Bainbridge warship, which was shadowing the pirates in their boat. The SEALs had taken up position on the fantail of the Bainbridge and were carefully monitoring Phillips while he was in the custody of the pirates.

One of the pirates had just pointed his AK-47 at the American captain as if he were going to shoot him. That's when the SEAL team commander on the Bainbridge ordered his men to take out the pirates. Three U.S. Navy SEAL sharpshooters fired simultaneously at the pirates from a distance of 30 yards in heaving seas at nightfall, killing them all. Obama called Vice Adm. William "Bill" McRaven, the leader of Joint Special Operations Command and of the mission to rescue Phillips, to tell him, "Great job."

In the eyes of Hollywood at least, the American public can't get enough of these kinds of operations. "Captain Phillips," a movie starring Tom Hanks playing the rescued sea captain, will be in theaters on Friday. U.S. forces strike in Libya and Somalia Al Libi capture Panetta: Shutdown a 'tragic moment'

The flawless rescue of Philips was the first time that Obama, only three months into his new job, was personally exposed to the capabilities of America's "Quiet Professionals," as they sometimes refer to themselves. (emphasis mine)

SF_BHT
10-07-2013, 20:26
Nothing Quiet about them. They are sometime the biggest media whores out there. And there are others that are happy just being in the shadows doing their job.