PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher Mocks WWII Vets

Dusty
10-06-2013, 15:31
This guy would have to duck to walk under a rattlesnake, but the hepcats think he's cool.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/10/06/Maher-WWII-vets

On Friday evening, enraged at World War II veterans who had the temerity to move aside President Obama’s barricades to visit the World War II Memorial, HBO’s Bill Maher launched into a broadside against the brave veterans, labeling them dumb.

"The other thing that apparently was so important for the Republicans to keep open was the World War II Memorial in Washington. That was closed, so a bunch of the World War II vets knocked down the barriers and stormed it,” Maher said, to the laughter of his audience.

“And then I loved this, they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann who showed up. Michele Bachmann, one of the people most responsible for shutting the fucking thing down. They're the greatest generation - nobody said they were the brightest generation."

Of course, that was a lie – the House Republicans voted to restore funding for the National Park Service, but the Democratic Senate prevented a vote on that measure in order to heighten suffering surrounding the shutdown. In fact, the Obama administration reportedly rejected the World War II veterans’ request to visit the memorial before the vets moved aside the barricades. The administration then reinforced the barricades after the incident.

For Maher to slander World War II veterans as stupid for not kowtowing to despicable shutdown tactics is reprehensible. Before the war, they endured tremendous poverty during the Great Depression.After returning from World War II, veterans worked to establish the nation’s greatest companies in the private sector and infrastructure projects in the public sector; they were the driving force behind the growth of the planet’s best system of higher education.

World War II-generation men and women built America into the unchallenged hegemon on the planet. But then again, they didn’t have a show on HBO.

Snip

Gypsy
10-06-2013, 16:20
I'm not surprised, he's an idiot POS.

JHD
10-06-2013, 16:23
Pathetic, spineless, smartass snakelike POS.

chance
10-06-2013, 21:17
Fuck him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Utah Bob
10-06-2013, 22:14
Maher went after Sarah Palin's children too. He seems to go after the most defenseless targets.

Cowards tend to do that.

Box
10-06-2013, 22:16
Bill who ?

...is that the science guy that broke his leg on dancing with washed up stars or the guy that comes on right after Oprah?

Sdiver
10-06-2013, 22:35
Cowards tend to do that.

Plus, his ratings must be slipping. He needed to generate some "action".

Divemaster
10-06-2013, 22:50
Yeah? Well I mock Bill Maher. That skinny-pencil-necked-Jim-Belushi-looking-MF'er.

98G
10-07-2013, 07:30
World War II-generation men and women built America into the unchallenged hegemon on the planet. But then again, they didn’t have a show on HBO.

Snip

I rarely take comedians seriously.

Freedom of Speech (and in this case, HBO) gives us everything from Band of Brothers to cheap shots from comedians. All in all, it works. The comedian gets forgotten and everyone is still buying the DVD sets of Band of Brothers. I think most of us get it right in that regard and most of us appreciate and honor the Greatest Generation for their hard work and sacrifice. Those who don't? Not worth my time or attention.

TrapperFrank
10-07-2013, 07:45
I would love to throat punch that douche nozzle and kick him in 'nads. Wothless POS....

Dusty
10-07-2013, 07:56

Freedom of Speech (and in this case, HBO) gives us everything from Band of Brothers to cheap shots from comedians. All in all, it works. The comedian gets forgotten and everyone is still buying the DVD sets of Band of Brothers. I think most of us get it right in that regard and most of us appreciate and honor the Greatest Generation for their hard work and sacrifice. Those who don't? Not worth my time or attention.

There's a line you don't cross, dude.

Freedom of speech can be carried too far. Think one of those comedians would try to get away with calling Obama the n-word? Or call his mother a dumbass, his dad a communist, or he himself a pothead? That's disrespect and contempt beyond the pale, and you can't license it by calling it comedy.

Utter disrespect and contempt is what this ass displayed for WWII warriors.

dennisw
10-07-2013, 07:57
I would love to throat punch that douche nozzle and kick him in 'nads. Wothless POS....

Now that would be the one time I would watch his show.

Isn't he the same guy who said 911 was our fault?

Toaster
10-07-2013, 08:26

I must disagree, making a mockery of something should be a bigger deal than it currently is in our society. Something that is mocked openly and often, is not going to be something respected in the eyes of the public...Why I believe that muslims kill those who mock that old dead pedophile they revere.

Humor will cause something to stick in your mind for a very long time, and sow enough thoughts about something and people will believe it.

Dusty
10-07-2013, 08:35
Humor will cause something to stick in your mind for a very long time, and sow enough thoughts about something and people will believe it.

Concur. Like that sissified picture of Obama on a bicycle wearing a brain bucket.

Barbarian
10-07-2013, 09:00
Like that sissified picture of Obama on a bicycle wearing a brain bucket.

Lolol!! That one's for life.

echoes
10-07-2013, 09:45
Bill Maher can go f*** himself, and he probably has to anyway, or pay for it!:rolleyes: :mad:

Here is the HBO Contact Information; an email can also be sent from the link:

Holly

http://www.hbo.com/#/about/contact-us.html

"HBO is happy to receive your questions and feedback, however, due to a large volume of emails we may not be able to reply to each email we receive. Before sending us an email message, you should explore our FAQs Section to see if we have already posted an answer to your question.

If you have not found what you are looking for or need additional assistance please contact us at 212-512-1208 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM Eastern Time."

Streck-Fu
10-07-2013, 09:51
Bill Maher can go f*** himself, and he probably has to anyway, or pay for it!

Funny you mention that. Bill calls himself an independent because he thinks drugs and prostitution should be legal. Mostly because he likes drugs and prostitutes.....

mark46th
10-07-2013, 10:08
I quit paying attention to Maher, John Stewart and the rest of these social satire idiots. They sit back taking pot shots at people and policies without facing actual responsibility or danger while presenting no workable alternatives. They have become parasites, making a living off other's work and misfortune....

echoes
10-07-2013, 14:58
I quit paying attention to Maher, John Stewart and the rest of these social satire idiots. They sit back taking pot shots at people and policies without facing actual responsibility or danger while presenting no workable alternatives. They have become parasites, making a living off other's work and misfortune....

Sir,

You know I did too...quit paying attention, then I read this!

Idiot seems too kind a label....:mad:

Holly

Beef
10-07-2013, 18:26
Maher went after Sarah Palin's children too. He seems to go after the most defenseless targets.

I wouldn't call WW II vets defenseless.......A WW II vet in KY recently shot and killed an intruder in his home. The vet was unapologetic and all but sang "Another One Bites The Dust." The WW II vets who recently "stormed the barricades" did something that very few private citizens today would have the balls to do. Particularly in D.C.

Maher is not a fool, but a damn fool. He is half Jewish and has apparently never visited the Holocaust Museum. When you walk into the foyer you see the divisional flags of all of the U.S. Army divisions that liberated concentration camps at the war's end. The one Holocaust survivor that I knew growing up loved the U.S. Army and repeatedly told me that the greatest day of her life was the day Sherman tanks rolled up to the wire of her camp. Those tanks meant that she'd live. World War Two veterans clearly fought and defeated evil in its purest incarnation. Maher should have his ass kicked by a 90 year old vet.

Dusty
10-07-2013, 18:50
I Maher should have his ass kicked by a 90 year old vet.

Well put.

The Reaper
10-07-2013, 18:51
I would have liked to have seen him interview Bob Howard on his show.

Maher should have called him a coward to his face.

TR

Beef
10-07-2013, 18:52
I would have liked to have seen him interview Bob Howard on his show.

Maher should have called him a coward to his face.

TR

It sure would have raised his ratings...

MR2
10-07-2013, 18:58
It sure would have raised his ratings...

Especially the sure-to-follow ass-whoopin!

The Reaper
10-07-2013, 19:08
I don't think it would fill 60 minutes, but I would sure like to see it go on that long.

Make it pay per view.

TR

Dusty
10-07-2013, 19:20
If somebody wants to set it up, I'll go three rounds with him. I should be old enough to qualify.

Stobey
10-07-2013, 20:17
If somebody wants to set it up, I'll go three rounds with him. I should be old enough to qualify.

Dusty, do you think he could make it through the first round??

(Maher: lower than whale crap in the Marianas.)

dennisw
10-08-2013, 07:54
Dusty, do you think he could make it through the first round??

(Maher: lower than whale crap in the Marianas.)

Dusty would carry him for the first two rounds just to give Maher fans hope. Then with the audience on edge and Maher overconfident, Dusty would drop him in the final round. Most probable would be an overhand right; however, I would prefer a clean left hook.

What would hurt Maher most would be Dusty walking out after the fight with Maher's girlfriend. ;)

98G
10-08-2013, 08:55
Dusty would carry him for the first two rounds just to give Maher fans hope. Then with the audience on edge and Maher overconfident, Dusty would drop him in the final round. Most probable would be an overhand right; however, I would prefer a clean left hook.

What would hurt Maher most would be Dusty walking out after the fight with Maher's girlfriend. ;)

Careful, don't stick Dusty with the bill! BM's girlfriends are the fee for service variety...

On a more serious note, I picture my Dad in this situation. His weakest day he could take him with an IV still in his arm (Bill -- not Dusty). However, he would have said, "Good one." And perhaps decked him. But then smiled wryly offered him a hand up and said, "I defended guys like you."

I know this not because of a vivid imagination, but because my Dad (you know the drill, DSC, SS, 2x BS w/V, 2x PH, North Africa, Sicily, D Day, Battle filed commission, Aachen, Battle of the Bulge,.. Korea) thought many of his contemporaries were idiots. In 1961 with a choice of retirement or Laos, my Mom won and he retired. So his last duty assignment was running rifle competitions at ROTC units -- including Berkeley. There were stories. He had an amazing sense of dry humor and never let it stop his lessons to me on democracy. He even had cocktail napkins printed up for our bar that read, "I may not agree with the things that you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say them."

So in honor of the greatest WWII vet I knew, I will defend an ass's right to make bad jokes.

Trapper John
10-08-2013, 09:42
So in honor of the greatest WWII vet I knew, I will defend an ass's right to make bad jokes.

Even if he really deserves a nice tight shot group center mass. :D

Unapologetic Soldier
10-08-2013, 11:59
Now that would be the one time I would watch his show.

Isn't he the same guy who said 911 was our fault?

A week after September 11th 2001, Bill Maher sat down with his panel on ‘Politically Incorrect’ to discuss 9/11 but little did he know that his comments on this show would eventually get the show cancelled. During a debate about terrorists, Maher refused to call the terrorists cowards, Maher said the U.S was lobbing cruise missles from thousands of miles away and he thought that was more cowardly.

Maher’s comments sparked a huge controversy and soon advertisers began to pull out, in the show’s final months it struggled to find support but was eventually canned. In retrospect, I’m not sure Maher was looking at all sides of the issues. It takes balls to fly a plane into a building, but killing innocent people? Sorry, I can’t find a way to call that brave. There’s no doubt that America should not be lobbing cruise missiles from thousands of miles away but that’s no way to justify the killing of 3,000 innocent people.

“We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it’s not cowardly.”

This POS is just another prick willing to say anything to try and get his ratings up. He’s nothing but a sorry washed up loser.

Paragrouper
10-08-2013, 19:01
Most probable would be an overhand right; however, I would prefer a clean left hook.

Nope. Off the top-rope elbow to the sternum--the Dusty!

dennisw
10-09-2013, 08:41

He has the right to make bad jokes. With that being said, some comments or bad jokes still warrant a punch in the nose regardless of the constitution.

Razor
10-12-2013, 14:20
There’s no doubt that America should not be lobbing cruise missiles from thousands of miles away

So long as its at a confirmed target, I'm all in favor of thousands of miles of stand-off. The further away I can be from someone that can do me harm and still harm them, the better. The first guy that threw a rock at another guy instead of hitting him while holding the rock in his hand figured that one out.

Dusty
10-12-2013, 16:15
So long as its at a confirmed target, I'm all in favor of thousands of miles of stand-off. The further away I can be from someone that can do me harm and still harm them, the better.

Concur.

And the harder I hit him, the quicker the fight's over.

JHD
10-12-2013, 16:42
Concur.

I am not in the military, but fighting smarter seems like the wise choice to me. If we can achieve the same goal from a greater distance, that seems like a no-brainer.

rubberneck
10-12-2013, 17:08
Concur.

Or you could do what Ali did against Lister and refuse to take him out early just so he could punish him as much as he could.

PRB
10-12-2013, 21:42
I'd give a thousand bucks, or more, to butt stoke that asshole.

swpa19
10-13-2013, 04:59
Could you imagine this P.O.S. having as his guest: Bob Howard, Bull Simons and Col. Maggie. Now that would be a show for the ages.

Pete
10-13-2013, 05:21
By his show Bill Maher mocks TV entertainers.

Richard
10-13-2013, 06:25
I agree with 98G. Bill Maher may live to regret his remarks on the vets seeking to visit "their" memorial, but we all tend to learn the most through experience - and, unfortunately, bad experiences tend to provide the most powerful learning...if we survive them. I'm certainly glad nobody here has ever said something they have long since regretted having said aloud or written in a moment of spontaneous frivolity, anger, or impulsiveness without thinking it through.

And so it goes...

Richard

Dusty
10-13-2013, 06:43
I agree with 98G. Bill Maher may live to regret his remarks on the vets seeking to visit "their" memorial, but we all tend to learn the most through experience - and, unfortunately, bad experiences tend to provide the most powerful learning...if we survive them. I'm certainly glad nobody here has ever said something they have long since regretted having said aloud or written in a moment of spontaneous frivolity, anger, or impulsiveness without thinking it through.

And so it goes...

Richard

What a crock. Call a spade a spade, Richard.

Richard
10-13-2013, 07:04
What a crock. Call a spade a spade, Richard.

Ah, the world acording to Matthew Harrison Brady.

Richard

Dusty
10-13-2013, 07:32
Ah, the world acording to Matthew Harrison Brady.

Richard

Whatever. I'm sure that's quite erudite, I just don't have time to correlate it.

I stand for something besides the middle of the road, Richard. Giving asses like Maher, the press, and limpwrists the benefit of the doubt for decades is why we're in the shape we're in.

It's also why we have the jackanapes we have in government.

I put a lot more stock in comments who come from posters who take one side or the other.

(Ah, the world according to Dusty.)

Pete
10-13-2013, 07:39
.....I put a lot more stock in comments who come from posters who take one side or the other.......

Really?

:D

Dusty
10-13-2013, 08:14
Really?

:D

Et tu, Pete'?

Dusty
10-13-2013, 08:54
Any action is either right, or it's wrong. No middle.

That's just logic-the law of non-contradictions. To prove the existence of any other law, you'd have to use the law of non-contradictions to do it.

Maher is wrong.

One can try to please, appease, placate, facilitate, moderate and pontificate all he wants to, but Maher's still wrong.

Same with all libs and their collective ideology.

So-according to logic, if you aren't a Conservative, you're a lib like Mahler.

For crying out loud, though-if you're a lib, admit it.