PDA

View Full Version : French Troops in Iraq

NousDefionsDoc
11-18-2004, 18:47
Guess Chirac sent troops after all...

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=58&story_id=14100&name=Three+Frenchmen+killed+fighting+US+in+Iraq

Three Frenchmen killed fighting US in Iraq

PARIS, Nov 18 (AFP) - Three, and possibly four, Frenchmen have been killed in Iraq fighting with insurgents seeking to oust US-led forces in the country, a French official said Thursday. A 24-year-old Frenchman from Paris identified as Tarek W. was killed on September 17, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. He was the latest addition to a list French authorities have drawn up of French casualties in Iraq, all of whom appear to be of Arab origin. The two other men on the list were Redouane el-Hakim, a 19-year-old also from Paris who was killed July 17, and Abdel Halim Badjoudj, 19, killed in Iraq on October 20, according to the official, who confirmed a report in Le Figaro newspaper. The case of El-Hakim, who was of Tunisian origin, was first reported October 22 and confirmed by officials. They said his brother, Boubakeur, 21, was being detained by Syrian authorities. French officials were checking the identity of a fourth man who was killed in recent weeks to see if he, too, held French citizenship. Authorities estimate that around a dozen Frenchmen of north African Arab background have gone to Iraq via Syria to join the insurgency against US-led troops, but said there was no proof of an organised recruitment network.© AFP Subject: French News

Shark Bait
11-19-2004, 10:54
Well, if the French are going to participate in this, we are better off if they are on the other side. They can mark enemy positions with their white flags.

Achilles
11-19-2004, 11:58
LOL! I'm sure having the French there gives the insurgents a HUGE boost in moral "We have the French, praise allah, so now we can take naps imbetween car bombs and drink wine then make IED's out of large blocks of cheese."

The Reaper
11-19-2004, 12:04
Too bad it was only three or four.

Any more and the Bad Guys might have capitulated and started collaborating.

TR

Roguish Lawyer
11-19-2004, 12:19
Well, if the French are going to participate in this, we are better off if they are on the other side. They can mark enemy positions with their white flags.

LMAO -- you can swim with us any time, SB. We won't bite you. LOL

sandytroop
11-22-2004, 07:36
When I first saw this, I noticed the plural, "troops" was used, making me immediately wonder if France hadn't sent Both of her soldiers. I bet the minute the Germans read this, they started up their tank engines, simply assuming that (like every other time in their mutual history) every time the French go to war, the Germans go to Paris.