PDA

View Full Version : That'll be about enough of that

NousDefionsDoc
11-18-2004, 12:39
Wind her neck in (http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=03bd20c9-7950-417e-bb84-e011cb8fd2fa)

Jo Sul
11-18-2004, 12:43
I think the following quote pretty much sums it up:

"I have a fundamental problem with removing someone from caucus because they're being bizarre and stupid. This place allows all kinds of bizarre and stupid behaviour. Stupidity is a defence here," he said.

The Reaper
11-18-2004, 13:28
Nice jackboots!

TR

Gypsy
11-19-2004, 12:13
The witch is now history. Good on them for kicking this ***ch out.

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2004/november/1119_canadian_booted.shtml

Anti-Bush Canadian Legislator Kicked Out Of Liberal Party
By Jimmy Moore
Talon News
November 19, 2004

OTTAWA (Talon News) -- Outspoken Canadian legislator Carolyn Parrish was officially kicked out of the Liberal Party on Thursday by Prime Minister Paul Martin for "unacceptable" behavior following a series of incendiary statements about Martin on Wednesday as well as her ongoing disrespect for President George W. Bush.

Martin told reporters on Thursday that he met with his cabinet and decided "effective immediately, to dismiss Carolyn Parrish from the government caucus."

The prime minister said he had already contacted Parrish directly about this decision and explained to her why it was made.

"I told her that, while I have defended her right to express her views frankly, I cannot, as leader of our party and the government caucus, tolerate behaviour that demeans and disrespects others," Martin explained. "It is unacceptable. There are better, more civil and more effective ways to make your case than those she has chosen."

Talon News reported earlier this month about Parrish describing supporters of Bush as having "profound psychological damage, called Bush "war-like," and said the United States is "completely out of step with most of the free world."

This is the same legislator who said in August that America is led by a "coalition of the idiots."

And last year, Parrish said she "hates those bastards ... damn Americans" during the "heat of the moment" in the months before the Iraq war began.

Martin had previously described Parrish's comments as "clearly unacceptable," but had never taken any measures against her until now.

Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative party, has urged Martin to separate himself from Parrish and her propensity for making outrageous statements that embarrass Canada.

Following Bush's reelection, Martin had issued a warning to Canadian legislators about making any incendiary comments about the American president.

Parrish said at the time that she was going to ignore that warning.

Continuing her anti-Bush antics, Parrish received further flack for a photo of her stepping on top of a doll resembling President Bush.

As for her being booted from the Liberal Party, Parrish told the Canadian Press that she has "absolutely no loyalty to this team."

"After what they've put me through and lots of my colleagues, they can all go to hell," Parrish exclaimed. "But he's not going to control me, so all he's going to do is end up looking weak."

Goggles Pizano
11-19-2004, 12:22
As for her being booted from the Liberal Party, Parrish told the Canadian Press that she has "absolutely no loyalty to this team."

"After what they've put me through and lots of my colleagues, they can all go to hell," Parrish exclaimed. "But he's not going to control me, so all he's going to do is end up looking weak."

Please! Sour grapes now? You slander a friendly nation numerous times then stomp upon an effigy of the leader of the free world what did you expect?

In the words of Fred Sanford "Lamont you big dummy!" :cool:

Jo Sul
11-19-2004, 12:41
Now she'll be another great hero of the liberal movement. She'll probably run for office in Canada about the same time Hillary does here - think about having THAT combo in power.

Pandora
11-19-2004, 13:02
She'd never get in higher than she is and has been such an embarrassment to all parties that her political career is pretty much (and deservedly so) kaput.

She is ill-informed, self-aggrandizing and not well admired by peers.

Riding office only a hop-skip-jump down the road... now if only I had a getaway driver. ;)

Jo Sul
11-19-2004, 14:00
She is ill-informed, self-aggrandizing and not well admired by peers.

Carolyn Parrish or Hillary Clinton? Kinda applies to both of them . . .