PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired at the Capitol

Dusty
10-03-2013, 12:31
Pretty scant, so far...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/03/US-Capitol-in-lockdown

(AP) Shots heard at Capitol, building under lockdown
WASHINGTON
Police say the U.S. Capitol has been put on a security lockdown amid reports of possible shots fired outside the building.

People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities.

U.S. Capitol police said they had received reports of gunshots and one police officer has been injured.

Snip

Dusty
10-03-2013, 12:41
Evidently, the shooter's already dead

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/03/ABC-News-Female-Suspect-Is-Dead

Media reports say that the incident started when a woman attempted to crash her car through the barriers in front of the White House along Pennsylvania Avenue. Shots were exchanged with police and a car chase took events to Capitol Hill.

ABC News says the female suspect is dead.

CNN reports that a police officer was shot and MedEvac'd.

The order for everyone on Capitol Hill to shelter-in-place has been lifted. NBC's Pete Williams reports that the incident is "over."

Snip

ZonieDiver
10-03-2013, 13:55
Well, all I know is what I read in the newspaper (or watch on TV, hear on the radio, or read on the internet :) ), but it seems to me that the chief of police in DC - a 'four star' rank - needs to hire a spokesperson... one who can speak coherently and not 'stumble, mumble, and fumble' - as he does.

What a maroon.

Streck-Fu
10-03-2013, 13:56
I guess someone thought they needed help closing the government....

ddoering
10-03-2013, 14:07
I believe that was the sound of progress.

JJ_BPK
10-03-2013, 14:17
Well, all I know is what I read in the newspaper (or watch on TV, hear on the radio, or read on the internet :) ), but it seems to me that the chief of police in DC - a 'four star' rank - needs to hire a spokesperson... one who can speak coherently and not 'stumble, mumble, and fumble' - as he does.

What a maroon.

It may not be the spokesperson..

Just read a lady with a kid in the car tried to "break into the WH" and as she escaped the LEO's fired on the car.

Anyone want to bet the woman was lost, turned down the wrong street. Now the Chief is stuck explaining why his TROOPS shot at an unarmed woman & child??

:munchin

tonyz
10-03-2013, 14:18
"Shots Fired at the Capitol"

Quite frankly...surprised it has taken so long to read such a headline.

Team Sergeant
10-03-2013, 14:49
Shots Fired at the Capitol

Damn, just a crazy individual..........

Not enough shots fired in my opinion.

Utah Bob
10-03-2013, 15:16
Drunk or nuts. Vid shows her backing into a patrol car and the flooring it as officers jump out of the way. The injured cop was not shot but involved in a crash. No info on the suspect being armed but I'm guessing not.
Now to blame the Republicans. :rolleyes:

ddoering
10-03-2013, 15:56
The kid is black so I'm guessing her mom looks like O's daughter......

Roguish Lawyer
10-03-2013, 15:58

Really? Damn, I was thinking the kid should be tested for Bill Clinton's DNA . . .

BMT (RIP)
10-03-2013, 16:18
CNN's hopes have been DASHED to PIECES to find out that this was not a RIGHT-WINGED Tea Bagger in a PICKUP TRUCK firing bullets from his SEMI-AUTO AR-15 while TWEETING anti-OBAMA messages...

:D

BMT

Paslode
10-03-2013, 16:19

Maybe his love child.

ZonieDiver
10-03-2013, 16:28
Maybe his love child.

You are really a very sad individual.

Utah Bob
10-03-2013, 16:35
CNN's hopes have been DASHED to PIECES to find out that this was not a RIGHT-WINGED Tea Bagger in a PICKUP TRUCK firing bullets from his SEMI-AUTO AR-15 while TWEETING anti-OBAMA messages...

BMT

He said "tea bagger" :D

JJ_BPK
10-03-2013, 18:40

BMT

Wait until Jay Carney hands out the WH crib-sheets. :mad:

Dusty
10-04-2013, 05:46
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/04/20816675-woman-in-dc-chase-may-have-thought-obama-was-stalking-her-sources-say?lite

Pete
10-04-2013, 06:40
Case settled ..............she's a nut and deserved to die!

I looked at the tapes and wondered if she was following her GPS. That critter will try and get you to take some crazy routes.

And then panic? She lived a pretty sedate life - bunch of dudes with guns screaming at her?

Dusty
10-04-2013, 06:57
Case settled ..............she's a nut and deserved to die!

I looked at the tapes and wondered if she was following her GPS. That critter will try and get you to take some crazy routes.

And then panic? She lived a pretty sedate life - bunch of dudes with guns screaming at her?

Agree with your thinking.

Prayers out to her family and that baby.

Knight
10-04-2013, 07:08
The "new" American way! How damn sad-label her as crazy and write it off as such. What a load of BS!!! Pretty sure anyone who does not want to storm D.C. right now are the ones who are nuts-just sayin'.:mad:

TrapLine
10-04-2013, 07:24
If "crazy" qualifies for getting shot in DC, there are a whole bunch of politicians that should begin the E&E process.;)

Ret10Echo
10-04-2013, 11:42
So the U.S. government is shut down and now a crazy car ramming the White House gate, America must look really swell to the rest of the world.

What gets me is that they seemed so unprepared for this. I mean it was one car. What happens if someone tries a full-on assault like was done in that movie "Olympus Has Fallen?" I mean what if it is something more simplistic, but still severe, like a group of terrorists in a van that tries to force its way through and then out jump a bunch of terrorists in full body armor, with gas masks and AR-15s who then try to storm the White House or something?

Maybe that is just how it seems though. I would HOPE anyway.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Questions are already being asked about the series of events and LE actions. First was why shoot an unarmed women in a vehicle with a child...(and I understand the weapon she was weilding...I'm just passing traffic) One of the responses I read was they were "concerned she might have been a suicide bomber" which after watching the video seems a strange thought pattern given police actions.

Regardless....I'm certain Al and Jesse will have insightful comments, much like the Navy Yard.

Dusty
10-04-2013, 12:51
America must look really swell to the rest of the world.

Worrying about that is one of the main reasons the Country's in the sorry state it's in.

Dusty
10-04-2013, 18:07
I How can the U.S. appear as a leader to the world when we can't even keep our government functioning?

Get a POTUS more like Bush 43.

Ret10Echo
10-04-2013, 18:50
I think there is a distinction though: I have no concern what the rest of the world thinks about our country in terms of its healthcare system, gun rights, "inequality," tax policy, etc...but I do nonetheless want our country to have an appearance of strength, orderliness, leadership, etc...to the rest of the world. How can the U.S. appear as a leader to the world when we can't even keep our government functioning?

Sadly...that image went away with bows, supplication and appeasement. Less of a single event...more of a death by 1000 cuts. What we do domestically just rei forces opinions.

Dusty
10-04-2013, 19:31
Sadly...that image went away with bows, supplication and appeasement. Less of a single event...more of a death by 1000 cuts. What we do domestically just rei forces opinions.

That's right.

There's more to the job than kissing ass, talking smack and playing golf.

tonyz
10-04-2013, 19:34
That's right.

There's more to the job than kissing ass, talking smack and playing golf.

Yep, there are beer summits, apology tours and Iranian Presidents to cajole...not to mention parks to close and waivers to grant...this president gig is not all basketball, mom jeans, permanent campaigns and bicycle rides, ya know.

TrapLine
10-04-2013, 20:27
Yep, there are beer summits, apology tours and Iranian Presidents to cajole...not to mention parks to close and waivers to grant...this president gig is not all basketball, mom jeans, permanent campaigns and bicycle rides, ya know.

I'd add high price vacations on the tax payers' dime and partying with JZ.

Razor
10-06-2013, 10:19
So here I am, waiting for the liberal camp to demand that all women that ever suffered from post-partum depression be put on a mental health watch list, and for a 10-day waiting period to be imposed on buying SUVs. Funny, I haven't heard a peep so far.

Dusty
10-06-2013, 10:33
So here I am, waiting for the liberal camp to demand that all women that ever suffered from post-partum depression be put on a mental health watch list, and for a 10-day waiting period to be imposed on buying SUVs. Funny, I haven't heard a peep so far.

I'm still waiting on a Tea Party connection.

ddoering
10-06-2013, 16:27
They are still trying to figure out a way to blame it on Bush.....:boohoo

Ret10Echo
10-06-2013, 17:02
I'm still waiting on a Tea Party connection.

I'm certain it will be something along the lines of a member of the Tea Party performed the routine maintenance on the car....