PDA

View Full Version : Found Pistol

Toaster
09-21-2013, 08:45
I found a nice, albeit heavily gouged, pistol on the side of All American this morning while running. It's been turned in to Fayetteville's finest. I don't think they'll make a half hearted effort to return it to the rightful owner however.

Looks like a motorcyclist dropped it and it hit the pavement :eek:

If someone will tell me what would be appropriate to post regarding it, I have Serial #, picture, make, model and caliber.

I'm more concerned with it being to returned to the rightful owner, without someone trying to fraudulently claim it.

Dusty
09-21-2013, 09:32
Turn it into the police. IKt migth have been stolen then thrown out a window when cops were chasing them.

You might wanna re-read the post.

Toaster
09-21-2013, 10:33
The police contacted me and told me that there was already a lost pistol report on that pistol, so the owner will be contacted.

I'm sure the owner will be relieved that it's not just out on the street, and hopefully it won't be destroyed by the government.

Sdiver
09-21-2013, 10:40
It's been turned in to Fayetteville's finest. I don't think they'll make a half hearted effort to return it to the rightful owner however.

The police contacted me and told me that there was already a lost pistol report on that pistol, so the owner will be contacted.

I'm sure the owner will be relieved that it's not just out on the street, and hopefully it won't be destroyed by the government.

Hummmm, pretty good for a "half hearted effort" on the part of "Fayetteville's finest" ..... wouldn't you say ???

:munchin

Peregrino
09-21-2013, 13:13
Hummmm, pretty good for a "half hearted effort" on the part of "Fayetteville's finest" ..... wouldn't you say ???

Knock me over with a feather! (I'm not much of a fan either. Nice to see something good happening.)

Toaster
09-21-2013, 14:02

They called me after I contacted Ed's and another gun store to see if it was possibly one they sold in their blue label program. The SN reminded me of the blue label pistols, I think they have a unique letter identifier on them.... They almost sounded like the lady was accusing me of trying to claim it was mine??:confused:

I don't have much faith in a police force that thinks a gun on the side of the highway would have been used in a murder, versus mistakenly dropped. There are plenty of bodies of water, swamps and other places to dispose of guns with bodies on them.

Divemaster
09-21-2013, 14:23
They called me after I contacted Ed's and another gun store to see if it was possibly one they sold in their blue label program. The SN reminded me of the blue label pistols, I think they have a unique letter identifier on them.... They almost sounded like the lady was accusing me of trying to claim it was mine??:confused:

I don't have much faith in a police force that thinks a gun on the side of the highway would have been used in a murder, versus mistakenly dropped. There are plenty of bodies of water, swamps and other places to dispose of guns with bodies on them.

Back in the 90s my now ex found two pistols at Lake Rim and we turned it in to Fayetteville's finest. Turned out one had been used to murder one of their own (by his wife). So yeah, it does happen.