PDA

View Full Version : New Murder Capital of U.S.A.

Barbarian
09-19-2013, 14:00
Eat it, Emanuel.

"According to new crime statistics released this week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago had more homicides in 2012 than any other city in the country."

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-murder-capital-of-america-fbi-142122290.html

MSRlaw
09-20-2013, 06:26
There's a good documentary you can find on Youtube where this British journalist rolls with various LEOs in Chi. The steady stream of shootings and other violent crimes on the reg has the locals refer to Chi as little Baghdad. And even the good neighborhoods like Lincoln Park or Wrigleyville aren't safe from marauding teens.

Dusty
09-20-2013, 06:35
There's a good documentary you can find on Youtube where this British journalist rolls with various LEOs in Chi. The steady stream of shootings and other violent crimes on the reg has the locals refer to Chi as little Baghdad. And even the good neighborhoods like Lincoln Park or Wrigleyville aren't safe from marauding teens.

Case in point. Roughly the same damage as the Navy Yard. We'll see how much press it gets...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-multiple-people-including-3yearold-shot-in-south-side-attack-20130919,0,352520.story

MSRlaw
09-20-2013, 06:51
Case in point. Roughly the same damage as the Navy Yard. We'll see how much press it gets...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-multiple-people-including-3yearold-shot-in-south-side-attack-20130919,0,352520.story

While Navy Yard is at the end of "green line" and is a horrid ghetto neighborhood (like most of DC) it should be distinguished from S. Chi. because of the Navy Command base.

During 9/11 I was working in DC, but I lived north in Annapolis and the college there went on lockdown. It was a target-rich environment (thousands of future naval officers all unarmed and exhausted) and the fear in that town was palpable just walking around.

The violence in south Chi is ongoing and quite frankly most people write it off as animals killing one another. Navy Yard was a single direct action terrorist-type attack. I guess it was a psychiatric failure (no surprise) and workplace violence which is difficult to guard against. But at least policies there will change. Nobody is changing anything in Chi.

Dusty
09-20-2013, 06:55
The violence in south Chi is ongoing and quite frankly most people write it off as animals killing one another.

By most people, you must mean those who read the NYT, listen to NPR, watch ABC, CBS and CNN.

Me and my ilk don't see it that way.

MSRlaw
09-20-2013, 07:01
By most people, you must mean those who read the NYT, listen to NPR, watch ABC, CBS and CNN.

Actually I mean LEOs and government officials I work with regularly. Because I attack the Tea Party and any left-wing extremists like Sharpton/Jackson, feminists, race critiquers I don't know why you're attributing random news media to me.

I've listed plenty times where I get my news...it's not from mainstream media. And most my news is directly from sources on the ground. It's laughable this false dichotomy created by msnbc/fox where both sides are playing the people to fight one another over petty issues (Benghazi, AR15 bans, Zimmerman) rather than real issues like the lack of money in our country going to anyone outside F50 companies and wealthy billionaires paying less taxes than the average E-6.

Dusty
09-20-2013, 07:04
It's laughable this false dichotomy created by msnbc/fox where both sides are playing the people to fight one another over petty issues (Benghazi, AR15 bans, Zimmerman) rather than real issues like the lack of money in our country going to anyone outside F50 companies and wealthy billionaires paying less taxes than the average E-6.

False dichotomy? Benghazi and AR15 bans are petty issues?

I'm gonna be nice and put you on "ignore".

Paslode
09-20-2013, 07:12

Don't hear much about Superintendent Garry McCarthy's antics from those outlets do ya?

MSRlaw
09-20-2013, 07:14
False dichotomy? Benghazi and AR15 bans are petty issues?

I'm gonna be nice and put you on "ignore".

Yea they are false issues. Obama is lying garbage but hes no more responsible for Benghazi than Bush is for the Blackwater deaths in Fallujah. But let's keep having more hearings on the mass conspiracy to kill 4 people in a city with no embassy. Obama surely was on the phone with a team leader telling him to stand down as he watched live feed of the deaths unfolding.

As your VA doctors lose funding, as our roads literally crumble under our feet, keep worrying about Zimmerman not getting convicted or some Cali senator talking about making 1 single type of firearm illegal.

Fortunately there's people not relying on msnbc/fox telling them what's important.

What have you personally done LATELY to try making our country better? But feel free to watch Hannity or Matthews and ignore the real issues I've repeatedly say affect America.

Go Devil
09-20-2013, 07:27
Maybe Chicago is just enjoying and Arab Spring.

Maybe we need some Naval Warships in the region, or a coalition to overturn the regime?

....or supply small arms to the various factions?

JimP
09-20-2013, 07:35
"As your VA doctors lose funding, as our roads literally crumble under our feet, keep worrying about Zimmerman not getting convicted or some Cali senator talking about making 1 single type of firearm illegal."

Not to hijack the thread but can you please start another thread and inform us ignorant types as to just where in the hell the first TRILLION dollars went that "dear Leader" Obama (peace be unto him) said was printed to "fix the roads and bridges of the crumbling infrastructure" of this country...??

and I REALLY take offense at your characterization of Benghazi; Zimmerman and the castration of the 2d Amendment as "petty issues".

Stargazer
09-20-2013, 07:43
Yea they are false issues. Obama is lying garbage but hes no more responsible for Benghazi than Bush is for the Blackwater deaths in Fallujah. But let's keep having more hearings on the mass conspiracy to kill 4 people in a city with no embassy. Obama surely was on the phone with a team leader telling him to stand down as he watched live feed of the deaths unfolding.

As your VA doctors lose funding, as our roads literally crumble under our feet, keep worrying about Zimmerman not getting convicted or some Cali senator talking about making 1 single type of firearm illegal.

Fortunately there's people not relying on msnbc/fox telling them what's important.

What have you personally done LATELY to try making our country better? But feel free to watch Hannity or Matthews and ignore the real issues I've repeatedly say affect America.

Seriously, that is what you believe those who are calling for an independent hearing on Benghazi believe? I don't know anyone who believes what you stated. Talk about hyperbole...

I don't share your opinion that the matters listed are 'false issues' but agree the financial problems this country is facing are alarming.

Pete
09-20-2013, 07:45
......Fortunately there's people not relying on msnbc/fox telling them what's important. .....

Ah, most of us know the difference between news shows and opinion shows.

"Hannity or Matthews" are not news shows they are opinion shows.

I prefer the BBC web site for my news, Richard leans NPR for some strange reason and many others here use many more news services.

BryanK
09-20-2013, 07:51
... It's laughable this false dichotomy created by msnbc/fox where both sides are playing the people to fight one another over petty issues (Benghazi, AR15 bans, Zimmerman) rather than real issues like the lack of money in our country going to anyone outside F50 companies and wealthy billionaires paying less taxes than the average E-6.

YGBFSM, so loss of life and liberty are petty issues when compared to money? Geez, you really are a lawyer aren't you :rolleyes:

MSRlaw
09-20-2013, 07:53
"As your VA doctors lose funding, as our roads literally crumble under our feet, keep worrying about Zimmerman not getting convicted or some Cali senator talking about making 1 single type of firearm illegal."

Not to hijack the thread but can you please start another thread and inform us ignorant types as to just where in the hell the first TRILLION dollars went that "dear Leader" Obama (peace be unto him) said was printed to "fix the roads and bridges of the crumbling infrastructure" of this country...??

and I REALLY take offense at your characterization of Benghazi; Zimmerman and the castration of the 2d Amendment as "petty issues".

What TRILLION dollar infrastructure bill? I know the Trillion Bush/Paulson got for the first TARP bailout then the next 2 Trillion from Obama for more TARP and Detriot. That's the whole problem! We need to let those TBTF banks actually fail if they mis-time the market. I don't get a bailout if I buy a car that breaks down or loan money to a friend who never pays me back.

Zimmerman had nothing to do with 2A. Nor did it deal with SYG. Seminole County State Attorney's Office (who I often deal with) handled the case properly. The detective questioned the hell out of GZ with the usual LEO routine of either Reid's 9 step or whatever the daily 'rog strategy is and GZ stuck with his consistent story.

Neither the police nor the state thought a crime existed. Then the worst governor in recent Florida history (Skeletor AKA R. Scott) searched for a SAO that would bring an indictment to GZ and he found it with Angela Corey (who should be disbarred like NiFong in Durham) and her band of redneck prosecutors cowering from Sharpton/Jackson and Nancy Grace.

Luckily the jury handled their instructions and let GZ properly walk. But the GZ is a bullshit diversion waste of time, and it's my line of work.

Recall what was in the news before GZ trial? Iran. Just like Michael Jackson's death, Iran again skates because mainstream media diverts to soft issues rather than the declared ongoing holy war. And while Iran is very important, it's a drop of the bucket of where our attention should lie: the economy, plain and simple. Specifically, water, clean potable water.

The Reaper
09-20-2013, 10:42
What have you personally done LATELY to try making our country better?

You know, given the membership and make-up of this forum, that would have to be one of the lamest, most disrespectful questions I have ever encountered here.

The members of this forum have sacrificed health, limbs, and lives for this country, and for your freedom. Many continue to do so.

I also notice that you have elected not to serve in this capacity. So I might ask you the same question.

I believe that a sincere apology is in order here, and quickly.

TR

Paslode
09-20-2013, 12:04

If you are referring to ARRA, a lot of it went to public schools and other things outside of road construction. Around here wasn't so much repair and it was brand new, bigger, and better roads....and schools took advantage of it by offering more field trips.

It reminded me of the local pimping for river boat gambling and how it was going to save the KCMO school district........the revenue generated always seems to get diverted to pet projects.

I went and did job for cost of materials to help someone out, they took offense to the context in which I used the word "IT" and stiffed me for $30 worth of materials.

If I hadn't been a Wood it would have turned out much better. I tried LMAO!

Don
09-20-2013, 12:45

...and when you get invited to a party do you normally walk into the hosts house and shit in the middle of the floor? Just wondering. That was ignorant as hell. My two cents...apologize for being a turd with little SA, or go find somewhere else to hang out.

SF18C
09-20-2013, 13:05

Really???

I think your situational awareness is so off kilter that just about anything else that comes out of your brain housing unit is automatically in question!
I will await your apology, not to me…but to my Brothers that have lost lives, limbs or sanity, serving this Nation under fire for the last decade or better!

bluebb
09-20-2013, 15:32
Originally Posted by MSRlaw

Well if I was standing next to you MSRLaw, I would probably punch you in the nose :)

Had to put it in pink for satire/sarcasm. You being a lawer and all, I don't want to get sued.

Golf1echo
09-20-2013, 16:24
I found this interesting... http://www.npr.org/2013/09/17/223309103/probing-ties-between-mexican-drug-cartel-and-chicagos-violence
Mods please move if this is a bad time and place.

Razor
09-20-2013, 16:42

I'll play, but you go first, and let's expand the period from "lately" to "ever".

RB
09-20-2013, 19:02
I'll play, but you go first, and let's expand the period from "lately" to "ever".

Excellent reverse question. SA for MSRLaw = FAIL......and with this type of SA fail I'm wondering what the win / loss ratio would be for this admitted "lawyer".

I mosdef wouldn't hire a lawyer with this lack of situational awareness. Any further postings by MSRLaw will now be scrutinized with extreme prejudice.

Welcome to professionalsoldiers. May your stay here be short and chock full of succinct. :boohoo

Gypsy
09-21-2013, 06:55
Eat it, Emanuel.

"According to new crime statistics released this week by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago had more homicides in 2012 than any other city in the country."

He'll be calling for yet more gun control. Because, well you know...it works so well here.

Did you just say that out loud? You are a f'ing ass.

Go Devil
09-21-2013, 08:25
I call Troll on this guy.

MSRlaw
09-21-2013, 08:39

Not trying to measure dicks but personally tracked and arrested human traffickers, gun smugglers, sexual predator rings from Columbia, SC to Ft. Collins, CO back around to Key West, FL. Leaving strictly the enforcement side I went to law school and worked as a prosecutor...started doing duis moved to juvenile then back to human trafficking effects (svu = all sex crimes against women or kids under 18).

I judge "teen court," do drug diversion programs, and I represent guardian ad litems to speed up the process of terminating parental rights and moving sexually abused children away from vicious parents or foster homes.

Within the last 6 months I've personally saved 3 grandchildren of a long-time SF Master Sgt. still in A-stan. All my family (including my mom) served in the Army but I wanted to stay state-side because I personally believed we have far too many problems at home to fix before I start messing with other countries' problems. And I wasn't turning down a full-ride sports scholarship to a good college.

And I continue to do volunteer legal work for veterans doing everything from stopping improper foreclosures to getting their DUIs or DVs moved to veteran's court away from regular civilians and away from the chance of jail time.

So I daily see and deal with the problems discussed in this thread. I asked him "lately" because we all need to keep doing things to help this country or it will fall to shit. This is a fact from the ground here.

Trapper John
09-21-2013, 08:45
Not trying to measure dicks but personally tracked and arrested human traffickers, gun smugglers, sexual predator rings from Columbia, SC to Ft. Collins, CO back around to Key West, FL. Leaving strictly the enforcement side I went to law school and worked as a prosecutor...started doing duis moved to juvenile then back to human trafficking effects (svu = all sex crimes against women or kids under 18).

I judge "teen court," do drug diversion programs, and I represent guardian ad litems to speed up the process of terminating parental rights and moving sexually abused children away from vicious parents or foster homes.

Within the last 6 months I've personally saved 3 grandchildren of a long-time SF Master Sgt. still in A-stan. All my family (including my mom) served in the Army but I wanted to stay state-side because I personally believed we have far too many problems at home to fix before I start messing with other countries' problems. And I wasn't turning down a full-ride sports scholarship to a good college.

And I continue to do volunteer legal work for veterans doing everything from stopping improper foreclosures to getting their DUIs or DVs moved to veteran's court away from regular civilians and away from the chance of jail time.

So I daily see and deal with the problems discussed in this thread. I asked him "lately" because we all need to keep doing things to help this country or it will fall to shit. This is a fact from the ground here.

Yada, yada, yada! Did you read The Reaper's response to you? Inquiring minds want to know!

Dusty
09-21-2013, 08:55

Good stuff. You're to be commended.

Try to remember whose house you're in, please.

MSRlaw
09-21-2013, 08:57
Yada, yada, yada! Did you read The Reaper's response to you? Inquiring minds want to know!

I read it. So serving overseas makes somebody an authority on domestic issues in the US? I've risked life and limb working for the gov't here. I don't trot out my job as an excuse for not having knowledge of various policies.

You can say "yada yada" but I didn't post that crap out of nowhere; it's a response to numerous posters asking me what I've done. But the issue isn't what was done, but what you're doing right now. Unless you're physically incapable, past service isn't a "game-ender."

And if I start giving advice on packing parachutes or completing an obstacle course then I'm a dumbass. But when somebody who works daily with firearms and violence in this country, not as some local pd leo (though that is commendable service), makes a point the fact somebody served isn't a logical counter to their points.

sinjefe
09-21-2013, 09:03
I read it. So serving overseas makes somebody an authority on domestic issues in the US? I've risked life and limb working for the gov't here. I don't trot out my job as an excuse for not having knowledge of various policies.

You can say "yada yada" but I didn't post that crap out of nowhere; it's a response to numerous posters asking me what I've done. But the issue isn't what was done, but what you're doing right now. Unless you're physically incapable, past service isn't a "game-ender."

And if I start giving advice on packing parachutes or completing an obstacle course then I'm a dumbass. But when somebody who works daily with firearms and violence in this country, not as some local pd leo (though that is commendable service), makes a point the fact somebody served isn't a logical counter to their points.

What you are is an internet troll. You come in here and act like you have something profound to say and question the commitment to this country of those on this board who have given a whole more than you. You are an arrogant ass and I will enjoy watching the black chinook come take you away.

MSRlaw
09-21-2013, 09:04
Good stuff. You're to be commended.

Try to remember whose house you're in, please.

Obviously I respect a lot of people here. And my family is SF and I know how amazing you literally have to be to make a team. Everyone in SF I've met is physically capable but, more importantly, heads and shoulders smarter than others in the Army. I wouldn't waste my time here if I didn't think this board had smart posters.

That's why it's frustrating to see focii here on non-sequitors and planned 1 party diversions to detract from main issues. I'm involved in local gov't more and more as I get older and the crap openly going on is mind-boggling. And it's shameful.

And there's people on this board still serving overseas in harm's way right now. I think it's a disservice to not let them have the un-touched truth. I don't pull punches and call it like I see it. I asked a question that apparently hit some nerves but it wasn't a "why aren't you helping?" It's rather "what have you done? because there's huge impediments to getting proper shit done right n0w and it's 99.9% gov't funding." So if you are helping this country, state-side, you're being frustrated with the money situation ignored by all media to feed piss-poor left v right stories when those running each sides (Kochs and Hollywood) are best friends and literally laughing at their increase in quality and quantity of the pie.

Sdiver
09-21-2013, 09:08
I've rolled up on many a vehicle crash and a couple of train wrecks, hell I can even count one plane crash, but I've never had a front row seat and actually watched one happen ..... as is happening here.

:munchin

Dusty
09-21-2013, 09:09
Obviously I respect a lot of people here. And my family is SF and I know how amazing you literally have to be to make a team. Everyone in SF I've met is physically capable but, more importantly, heads and shoulders smarter than others in the Army. I wouldn't waste my time here if I didn't think this board had smart posters.

That's why it's frustrating to see focii here on non-sequitors and planned 1 party diversions to detract from main issues. I'm involved in local gov't more and more as I get older and the crap openly going on is mind-boggling. And it's shameful.

And there's people on this board still serving overseas in harm's way right now. I think it's a disservice to not let them have the un-touched truth. I don't pull punches and call it like I see it. I asked a question that apparently hit some nerves but it wasn't a "why aren't you helping?" It's rather "what have you done? because there's huge impediments to getting proper shit done right n0w and it's 99.9% gov't funding." So if you are helping this country, state-side, you're being frustrated with the money situation ignored by all media to feed piss-poor left v right stories when those running each sides (Kochs and Hollywood) are best friends and literally laughing at their increase in quality and quantity of the pie.

In my case, Benghazi is a hot button, and I don't want to see the incident considered irrelevant or inconsequential by anybody. More than one of my Brothers-in-Arms was killed. Taking that likely on this board will get you in more trouble than you can handle.

This is a Special Forces House. We are active and inactive Green Berets. If you throw verbal turds around in here, they won't stick-they'll come back and cover you up, and then you'll just be a memory.

There have been many who tried.

You've been given the benefit of the doubt; tread warily henceforth.

SF_BHT
09-21-2013, 09:11

So what are you right now a Cop or a Lawyer as I am confused right now?
Male or Female?
Local, state or Federal at the moment?
I wish to understand to put things in context.:munchin

GratefulCitizen
09-21-2013, 09:17
there's huge impediments to getting proper shit done right n0w and it's 99.9% gov't funding." So if you are helping this country, state-side, you're being frustrated with the money situation ignored by all media to feed piss-poor left v right stories when those running each sides (Kochs and Hollywood) are best friends and literally laughing at their increase in quality and quantity of the pie.

Definitely would like to see this addressed in another thread.

Without a "tipping of the hat", it seems unlikely.
http://youtu.be/cXZ0q7h3noE

Trapper John
09-21-2013, 09:53

The yada yada was in no way to denigrate your service past or present. And none of that is the point right now. Let me be blunt - READ TR's reply again, digest it and comprehend his request (demand) and act accordingly! Then and only then can we have a continuation of the dialog!

Trapper John <out>

The Reaper
09-21-2013, 10:12
I am sorry MSRLaw, I may be a simple man, but your arrogant comments, insults to my fallen and wounded brothers, and failure to follow simple instructions have exceeded my tolerance level.

You had your chance.

All the best. Goodbye.

TR

Paragrouper
09-21-2013, 10:40
Obviously I respect a lot of people here.

No, that is not obvious.

What is obvious to me is that you value your contribution to society to be far more than the contributions and sacrifices other members of this board. Furthermore, you belittle the opinions of the members of this board because their contributions, lately, somehow do not measure up to yours. You express your frustration that many on this board are solely fixated with 'diversionary' issues, which distracts us from paying attention to your main issue.

What is obvious to me is that you don't understand what the word 'respect' means.

Richard
09-21-2013, 11:43

FWIW now that you've managed to earn yourself a trip to "e-Elba" - if your SA would have been more attuned to exactly what this community is and is about, you might have realized the core value of this web-site is not so much about the opinionated debating which goes on in the various "At Ease" forums, but the passing on of the history and hard lessons learned by those who earned the "3, S, 5G, and 18" designations throughout the existence of the 1st SF Regiment, providing an experience-based sounding board and mentors for those either attempting to join the regiment or those now bearing the burden of carrying its reputation throughout the world today and tomorrow, and giving us a "Team Room" where we can stay involved and in touch with our SF Brothers.

Richard

UWOA (RIP)
09-21-2013, 12:21
I am sorry MSRLaw, I may be a simple man, but your arrogant comments, insults to my fallen and wounded brothers, and failure to follow simple instructions have exceeded my tolerance level.

You had your chance.

All the best. Goodbye.

TR

Good riddance! Sadly, his idiotic behavior happens all too often. Yet, we have a duty to protect him and others until they physically threaten the safety of us and our great nation. Thank you, TR, for your patience and later your willingness to limit the mindless mumblings of this fool. I think Richard in the previous post has captured the bottom line in this exchange.

We now return you to our regular programming ....

drechsla
09-23-2013, 10:34

I've heard the riff raff here calling it Chiraq. The only solution to the problem here in Chicago is to hire more police but rahm doesn't seem to want to do that so the police officers in awful neighborhoods like engel wood and humboldt park are riding alone in a gang war zone. I heard somewhere that in order to achieve minimum staffing in the CPD they need to hire 2000 more officers.

Gypsy
09-25-2013, 19:37
The only solution to the problem here in Chicago is to hire more police but rahm doesn't seem to want to do that so the police officers in awful neighborhoods like engel wood and humboldt park are riding alone in a gang war zone.

Yeah...tiny dancer did a ride along so it will all be better now. :rolleyes:

drechsla
09-29-2013, 12:13
Yeah...tiny dancer did a ride along so it will all be better now. :rolleyes:

I don't understand what you mean

BKKMAN
09-29-2013, 13:48
I don't understand what you mean

"tiny dancer" is Rahm Emanuel's nickname...

Tiny Dancer (http://chicagoist.com/2011/06/17/hes_a_tiny_dancer_a_chairman_for_jo.php)