PDA

View Full Version : New toys at DSEI Fair, SIG MPX-C

JJ_BPK
09-14-2013, 04:14
Did anyone get to the SIG booth and fondle the MPX-C?? I am very interested in the concept of the permanently attached flash hider.. Looks like it would be a very nice accompaniment to my trunk monkey??

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig-mpx-c.aspx

THE NEXT GENERATION OF SUBMACHINE GUN IS HERE
Introducing the SIG MPX, a machine pistol that redefines the category.

The SIG MPX is the world’s first submachine gun that operates with a fully closed and locked rotating bolt system, greatly enhancing operator safety.

The SIG MPX employs the SIG SAUER® battle-proven gas-operated short stroke piston system for unequaled reliability in the field, even under the most adverse conditions.

The SIG MPX is the only submachine gun that allows the operator to change barrel length, caliber and stock configuration in the field to meet mission requirements.

SIG MPX-C - NFA Rules Apply
Carbine Variant - 6.5' barrel with 9.5" muzzle brake permanently attached - Semi-auto
Extended carbon fiber adaptable handguard
SIG MPX reflex sight included

Justinmd
09-21-2013, 11:21
I handled one at SHOT, it was one of the more exciting things there. I don't know why exactly since the MP-5 has been around forever. It just looked fun I guess and in 9mm would be easy to feed.

It was pretty cool but it wasn't light I remember (it wasn't the carbon fiber version) and they weren't even taking orders as they had no idea when it would be done. The ones they had there had a prototype look to them.

The "flash hider" is a great idea and to turn it into a suppressor you just get a form 4 for the tube and install it. Great idea on Sig's part.
Justin

Dusty
09-21-2013, 11:35
Looks like it would be the ticket, in .45 ACP.