PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Guerrilla

griper23
09-13-2013, 12:44
Are you guys familiar with John Mosby's Blog?

http://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/

He's a former QP, probably a member here, anybody know him and can vouch?

I want to get some of the training he puts on. Thanks-G23

Go Devil
09-13-2013, 13:57

tonyz
09-13-2013, 14:05
IIRC, I found his blog after someone posted it here.

I enjoy his plain talk - would also like to know about his courses, too - so I look forward to other's experiences.

Ambush Master
09-13-2013, 15:58
There is a JSMosby registered here, and he is a QP, but it's a Screen Name.

griper23
09-13-2013, 17:37
does anyone know him/ can vouch for his creds?

griper23
09-13-2013, 17:58
Can a QP vouch for the creds of 'John Mosby" (Pseudonym) of the Mountain Guerrilla Blog?

I need Verification before commiting to training with him.

thanks, G23

Peregrino
09-13-2013, 18:07
Don't know him but his blog is certainly "interesting".

You don't need two threads to ask one question. We got your intent the first time.

mugwump
09-13-2013, 19:52
Interesting is right. Like use-the-library-computer interesting.

griper23
09-13-2013, 21:06
Here is your answer from his own blog spot.

Note he said Special Operations forces not Special Forces soldier. I spent time under Special Operations Command at one time but I am NOT Special Forces, the general public probably would not know the difference. While he is not lying, one could be mislead. BTW I have orders from Bragg with my name on them if anyone here wants verification send me a PM or email. I can send you a copy with SSN blacked out.

yeah... good for you, buddy.

anyway, can anybody verify this guy?

best regards, G23

Peregrino
09-13-2013, 21:25
yeah... good for you, buddy.

anyway, can anybody verify this guy?

best regards, G23

Either take his training or don't. If you like what he's written, and his (apparent) area of expertise addresses one of your capability gaps - spend the money. Don't expect us to make your decision for you. Besides - even if I knew him personally, I wouldn't be commenting about him on any website to a complete unknown (your minimalist profile and previous posts on this forum don't inspire any overwhelming desire to share secret handshakes). If I were to meet him, I'm sure we could verify each other's bona fides fairly quickly. There are enough key phrases scattered throughout his blog that I would be willing to buy the first round just to break the ice. Given what I've read on his blog, it would certainly be worth the price of a few cold ones to make the effort. As for training - he posts AARs from former students and has several posts where guest instructors have commented as well. For whatever that's worth to you.

griper23
09-14-2013, 06:31
Thanks, Peregrino. I will take your advice.-G23

JoeyB
09-14-2013, 12:58
You know I like how you ask for input and when someone gives you a little advice on something to look for (someone who has been here longer than you and has some standing), you come back with smart ass remarks towards him?

I think maybe you should look around, realize you sound like an inconsiderate shit and be thankfull ANYONE responded to you

griper23
09-14-2013, 14:54
Here is your answer from his own blog spot.

Note he said Special Operations forces not Special Forces soldier. I spent time under Special Operations Command at one time but I am NOT Special Forces, the general public probably would not know the difference. While he is not lying, one could be mislead. BTW I have orders from Bragg with my name on them if anyone here wants verification send me a PM or email. I can send you a copy with SSN blacked out.

He says he is former Ranger and SF throughout the blog. I just want to make sure he is what he say she is before we go spending money on training. That does sound prudent, dosent it?

Peregrino
09-14-2013, 15:03
This thread is CLOSED.