PDA

View Full Version : Lost or Stolen Yarborough!

FireCrotch
09-12-2013, 21:00
As much as I hate to admit it mine has either been completely misplaced or stolen. I recently moved PCSed from Stuttgart to here. In the Stu I had a hobby room downstairs where my Y was hung on the wall. After being he in Co. for the last year I am quite sure I have been through everything and it is no where to be seen. I got a bad vibe from the German movers but didn't expect them to steal anything... Any advice on where to start with this?

Thanks.

The Reaper
09-12-2013, 21:04
You might want to start by introducing yourself and filling out your profile a bit, so we know a little something about you.

TR

FireCrotch
09-13-2013, 16:22
Done and Done.

The Reaper
09-13-2013, 16:35
I would start by filing a complaint with CID or the local authorities.

Technically, it is a stolen weapon.

Make sure they get the serial number and keep an eye out on ebay and the other auctions. Maybe hit the local pawn shops with a flyer and offer a reward.

Best of luck.

TR

FireCrotch
09-22-2013, 08:57
In case anyone ends up with a similar issue... I contacted the SFA and reported it missing. They put me in touch with the director at the JFK SpecWar museum in Fayetteville. After a bit of paperwork, I will purchase a new knife from Reeve's Knifes for around $250+ s/h the new knife will have my old serial number with an "R" in front of it.

Hope this might help anyone else with the same issue.

Eagle5US
09-22-2013, 10:35
Whats the number on it?

Pete
09-22-2013, 11:16
Whats the number on it?

FireCrotch, the request for the number is only because we have a number of folks who cruise e-bay, etc somewhat looking for Yarborough knifes that are for sale.

FireCrotch
09-23-2013, 20:27
The serial is 6805. I thought I had that in my initial post, thanks for hitting it up again. It's a total bummer that this happened but I am really fortunate the two ladies I am dealing with to get it replaced are be so helpful.

Bill Harsey
09-24-2013, 08:07
In case anyone ends up with a similar issue... I contacted the SFA and reported it missing. They put me in touch with the director at the JFK SpecWar museum in Fayetteville. After a bit of paperwork, I will purchase a new knife from Reeve's Knifes for around $250+ s/h the new knife will have my old serial number with an "R" in front of it.

Hope this might help anyone else with the same issue.

Good, this is what I was going to suggest.

Yes there is a replacement policy written into the rules of this project for the serial numbered Yarborough knives.

Papa Zero Three
09-24-2013, 11:40
The serial is 6805.

Might I suggest we start a lost/stolen list thread that only the mods can update that people can refer to when they come across a suspect knife? Perhaps sticky the post to the top of the edged weapons forum?

FireCrotch
09-24-2013, 19:59
Hopefully it's not a widespread enough issue to warrant that it be made a sticky, but it might be a good idea.

With all this said and done it will finally light a fire under my butt to do something with it, rather than leave as just a knife sitting on a shelf.