PDA

View Full Version : spartan akribis side to side blade play?

saylorbrand
09-06-2013, 17:44
I am looking at buying a new knife and really like the look of the akribis. I have a small sebenza for my edc and love it but I want another high end edc. In the spartan world I have an enyo, Phobos, and a nyx. I love them all. I would like to contribute to good americans, that have done a great service for our country. That all said I have heard that the new akribis has side to side blade play. It's a lot of money if the lock up isn't perfect. If what I have read isn't the norm, then I still plan on buying one.

Dusty
09-06-2013, 18:05
Did you familiarize yourself with the rules of this discussion board?

SF_BHT
09-06-2013, 18:17
Come on Dusty. Get to the point as this person obviously can not understand the rules!!!

Post your intro and fill out your profile NOW!!!!!
DO NOT POST any more until you follow our instructions!:munchin

saylorbrand
09-06-2013, 19:30
OK all done. Sorry about that, sucks to step on toes right out the gate. I hope that this wasn't considered an unintelligent question, but hoped to get more info from real users. Again sorry about my start.

DJ Urbanovsky
09-07-2013, 10:59
Interesting... Handled about eight different ones in front of Mark and Curtis last weekend. We must have spent 20 minutes talking and I was knifesturbating with their table knives the entire time. No side to side blade play detected. They're very nice knives. Buy one.

longrange1947
09-07-2013, 11:29
Knowing Mark and Curt for more that a few years, I can assure you that they will not sell you anything unless it is the best. Perfect, does not happen in the real, but they will fix a problem, IF it occurs. I firmly you can buy with the utmost confidence.

Also, knowing Bill Harsey, a world famous knife designer and maker, he would not align himself with anything but the best. :)

saylorbrand
09-07-2013, 12:12
That is what I thought. Everything from them so far is spot on. So I believe I will buy one. Thanks for the info.

x SF med
09-18-2013, 12:31
the Akribis (aka SF1) is one of the finest folders I have ever owned... whoever told you that there was side to side blade movement must have been handling a knock off. Mark and Curt would never stand for that.

tunanut
09-18-2013, 19:28
You were certainly misled, no play in the one I bought. Handled several at the shop and not a bit of play any of them.

DDD
09-18-2013, 20:54
Agree with the no side play statements... I handled both prototypes at BLADE last year and bought mine within days of them being available on the website. Mine has absolutely no side play and Mark and Curt would not send one out that had any.

The Reaper
09-18-2013, 20:58
I am looking at buying a new knife and really like the look of the akribis. I have a small sebenza for my edc and love it but I want another high end edc. In the spartan world I have an enyo, Phobos, and a nyx. I love them all. I would like to contribute to good americans, that have done a great service for our country. That all said I have heard that the new akribis has side to side blade play. It's a lot of money if the lock up isn't perfect. If what I have read isn't the norm, then I still plan on buying one.

All of the ones I have seen have been fitted perfectly.

Where did you get this issue?

TR

mcarey
09-19-2013, 13:14
Even if you were to get side to side play, we will fix it and take care of the issuse. We try to be perfect, but even we occasionally send something out that is 99%. We stand behind our knives. Thanks for the question though!;)

x SF med
09-19-2013, 13:32
Even if you were to get side to side play, we will fix it and take care of the issuse. We try to be perfect, but even we occasionally send something out that is 99%. We stand behind our knives. Thanks for the question though!;)

Trust him, he's a knife doctor... and he doesn't just play one on TV.

(oh, I'm sooooooooooo dead next time I see you aren't I Mark? How many beers is that going to cost? or is it Jack and Cokes again?)

mcarey
09-20-2013, 13:49
Trust him, he's a knife doctor... and he doesn't just play one on TV.

(oh, I'm sooooooooooo dead next time I see you aren't I Mark? How many beers is that going to cost? or is it Jack and Cokes again?)

Bacardi and Coke, but you can get Curtis a Jack and Coke. All the best, Mark

swatsurgeon
09-20-2013, 14:41
Seems to be a good amount of hype about this Akribis...may have to procure one and see what all the buzz is about.........:D
Mark, how many bottles of Bacardi 8 will it cost me??
ss

Divemaster
09-21-2013, 03:13
I knew both Mark and Curt on active duty. Look up character and integrity in the dictionary and both their pictures are there side by side. A collection of Spartan knives are on my soon to acquire list. Okay, I can only afford their quality one at a time, but it is a collection worth spending time and $$ building.

SF_BHT
09-21-2013, 05:14
Seems to be a good amount of hype about this Akribis...may have to procure one and see what all the buzz is about.........:D
Mark, how many bottles of Bacardi 8 will it cost me??
ss

I will up that... I live a few blocks from the Bacardi distillary I will get you the 8 straight from the source and some Bacardi glasses to drink it in.......

But do not ruin the taste with coke. If you are going to put coke in it use The Bacardi 1873 Solera for your mixing. I can get it also for knife bartering..:D

Divemaster
09-21-2013, 05:25
I will up that... I live a few blocks from the Bacardi distillary I will get you the 8 straight from the source and some Bacardi glasses to drink it in.......

But do not ruin the taste with coke. If you are going to put coke in it use The Bacardi 1873 Solera for your mixing. I can get it also for knife bartering..:D

How's the recreational diving there, you exotic living so and so?