PDA

View Full Version : Northern California County Board Votes For Secession From State September 4, 2013 8:0

JJ_BPK
09-04-2013, 10:19
Looks like someone is mad that they are taking the water rights for their grapes??

Richard for Governor??? :munchin

YREKA (CBS/AP) — A far Northern California county where residents have complained they lack representation at the state capitol wants to separate from California.

The Record Searchlight of Redding reports that the Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 on Tuesday in favor of a declaration for secession.

According to the newspaper, residents of the majority Republican county lobbied the board in August to consider secession. In addition to a lack of representation in Sacramento, they cited concerns about water rights and a rural fire prevention fee approved by the legislature.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/09/04/northern-california-county-board-votes-for-secession-from-state/

mojaveman
09-04-2013, 14:09
Fine with me and after that happens the conservative eastern counties in the state could seceed and form East California. That would leave the uber liberal Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay areas to be the true Peoples Republik of Kalifornia.

PRB
09-04-2013, 18:30
North and South California....nice ring to that.

Gypsy
09-04-2013, 18:59
Northern CA is NOT like people think. Very rural and conservative. This is not the first time they have tried to break away from the state.

Agree. In a previous life I spent a lot of time in northern CA, a major plus that it is so breathtakingly beautiful especially along the coast.

cat in the hat
09-04-2013, 22:29
North and South California....nice ring to that.

I am hoping for North and South Colorado.

Sdiver
09-04-2013, 22:46
I am hoping for North and South Colorado.

Dude,
Have you seen how the "51st State Initiative" has taken off.
It looks like it's going to be a reality.
I call it "Hickenlooper's Legacy."

JHD
09-05-2013, 03:27
It is a shame that the Dems stupidity just F's up a perfectly good state.

PRB
09-05-2013, 17:15
Better yet secede from Cali then attack south....drive Hollywood into the sea.