PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Assault Boots

NousDefionsDoc
11-15-2004, 13:18
New boots - LF is checking them out in January

5.11 H.R.T.™ Boot
Designed with input from professionals in the special operations community from around the world, the H.R.T. is the most functional and innovative boot on the market. Waterproof Sympatex® lining allows the foot to breathe as well as stay dry, while the Armortex® Kevlar® side panels give the boot stability and support.
The carbon based outsole design incorporates the
latest technology in slip and oil resistant rubber with minimal squeaking. All of these materials in the H.R.T. boot come together to comprise our Shock Mitigation System™. 5.11 Tactical is setting a new and higher standard for tactical footwear.

> Shock mitigation system™ (compression molded Phylon mid sole absorbs and neutralizes shock during heel strike)
> Sympatex® waterproof breathable lining
> Waterproof U.S.A. leather (Waterproof suede in desert sand color)
> Armortex® Kevlar® nylon side panels (Cordura® nylon in desert sand color)
> oil and slip resistant carbon based rubber outsole
> four system compression/recovery insoles
> anti-bacterial Drilex® lining
> blood borne pathogen resistant lining
> reinforced toe with tactical climbing rubber
> reinforced inside heel with grinding lateral rubber
> P ˛G Outsole (Prone Position Grip)
> rope grip at arch
> triple stitching
> all non-metallic material
> anti-static and snag resistant parachute nylon cord shoelaces with plasteel lace-tip

MSRP: $169.99
men’s sizes: 6-14 regular, 7-13 wide
color: desert sand, black

NousDefionsDoc
11-15-2004, 13:39
PS - I blatantly stole this G2 from LF.com, so buy the boots from Brad.

Lightfighter
11-15-2004, 13:41
Let me clean up those pictures for you:

http://www.lightfightertactical.com/online/511-assaultboot.jpg

http://www.lightfightertactical.com/online/511-desertboot.jpg

NousDefionsDoc
11-15-2004, 13:44
BUSTED! :eek:

Thanks Brad.

NousDefionsDoc
11-15-2004, 13:47
I don't know who the GM of 5.11 is, but it looks like they've got a good one.

Razor
11-15-2004, 14:29
Now would be a good time to ask about a promotional fee from Brad, NDD. :D

NousDefionsDoc
11-15-2004, 15:01
Roger that Razor, workin' the prob. LOL

Guy
11-15-2004, 15:19
I'll let some one else test them out first. I learned my lesson on being the first to test out things. :eek:

The Hi-Tech boot straight f*&^ed my feet up when wet.

The desert boots provided no ankle support when in a rocky climate.

The waffle soles suck in a muddy environment.

zeroalpha
11-15-2004, 17:27
Anyone got these yet?

Do the soles squeek like the Oakleys when wet???

Thats a major problem for the Oakleys when doing (well trying) to do a covert approach..... all ya hear is "squeek squeek......." Not very covert when wet :boohoo

Air.177
11-15-2004, 17:45
Those look quite a bit like the Hi-tech boots

Achilles
11-15-2004, 18:15
Those are some high speed looking boots. Anyone try them yet??

The Reaper
11-18-2004, 12:14
Let me clean up those pictures for you:

The lurker comes out, finally!!

Glad to see you here, Brad.

Nice looking boots. The owner of 5.11 is Dan Costa, I have met him and corresponded a few times, seems to be a decent guy. I will have to check the boots out at the SHOT Show in January.

My favorite boots right now are the Wellco Deserts.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
11-27-2004, 10:14
New 5.11 Stuff! (http://www.uscav.com/search.aspx?search=5.11&startpage=1&tabID=)

Man look at 5.11! Its PMC operator heaven! I like the looks of that trench coat. Wonder how long it will be before we start seeing them on Fed LEO guys on tv?

The Reaper
11-27-2004, 10:33
New 5.11 Stuff! (http://www.uscav.com/search.aspx?search=5.11&startpage=1&tabID=)

Man look at 5.11! Its PMC operator heaven! I like the looks of that trench coat. Wonder how long it will be before we start seeing them on Fed LEO guys on tv?

Didn't see that, but I liked the camo shirts.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
11-27-2004, 11:14
they're making pants and boonies in the same pattern. Complete uniform.

CommoGeek
11-27-2004, 15:12
FWIW, I really like their polo shirts. They are great for business casual environments and if you are outside they wick moisture away from you as well.

stanley_white
11-27-2004, 22:23
A few years back I had a pair of boots made by Rocky called their Alpha model. They were assault-boot like and very comfortable. They even had a padded area surrounding / protecting your achilles (sp?) tendon. These 511 boots remind me a bit of them.

Alas they too turned into high-tech sponges when wet. But they were nice as hell when dry.

The Reaper
03-06-2006, 17:09
Revived for update!

Got a pair of the 5.11 HRT boots a couple of months ago.

They are literally the most comfortable tactical boots I have ever tried on. They are light, quiet, sturdy and well constructed.

The boots would be near perfect, except for one thing.

They are the hottest boots I have ever worn. The permeable membrane cannot pass the amount of water that your feet will generate in these boots, especially with the rubber coating on the sides and toes of the boots. I pulled out the SOLE inserts and was able to literally wipe the beads of water off of them. They generally take 12 hours or more to dry out after a day of wear. This is largely in indoor wear in NC during the coldest months of the year. Why you would make Desert Tactical Boots airtight is beyond me, but they are.

I have taken them in to Clark's and had vents put in, ala the Jungle Boots, and they are slightly cooler, but nowhere near comfortable, unless I am riding on my scooter with the vents tipped into the wind.

I hear a rumor that they are making them in another version, possibly without the Goretex. If so, they should be a great pair of boots.

TR

bubba
03-06-2006, 19:59
I got a pair from OCIE about 2 months ago, and I love 'em. The one's we got have the vents, but I aint too sure about the gortex, but I doubt it. It took like 2-3 weeks of garrison wear to break them in, but after that I have had zero problems. The only thing I have noticed is that you need about a half size bigger than what you normaly wear in a jungle boot, and after a little sweating in 'em, the leather starts to discolor around the toe seam, but that aint nothing.