PDA

View Full Version : DOD Docs Suggest Mainstream Conservative Views "Extremist"

Richard
08-24-2013, 10:38
Well, I'll call your terrorists and raise you an Independence Hall full of extremists...

Richard

Defense Department Teaching Documents Suggest Mainstream Conservative Views “Extremist”JudicialWatch, 22 Aug 2013

Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained educational materials from the Department of Defense (DOD) depicting conservative organizations as “hate groups” and advising students to be aware that “many extremists will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.” The documents repeatedly cite the leftwing Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) as a resource for identifying “hate groups.”

Judicial Watch obtained the documents in a response to a Freedom of Information Act request (FOIA) filed on April 8, 2013. The FOIA requested “Any and all records concerning, regarding, or related to the preparation and presentation of training materials on hate groups or hate crimes distributed or used by the Air Force.” Included in the 133 pages of lesson plans and PowerPoint slides provided by the Air Force is a January 2013 Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute “student guide” entitled “Extremism.” The document says that it is “for training purposes only” and “do not use on the job.” Highlights include:

•The document defines extremists as “a person who advocates the use of force or violence; advocates supremacist causes based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or national origin; or otherwise engages to illegally deprive individuals or groups of their civil rights.”
•A statement that “Nowadays, instead of dressing in sheets or publically espousing hate messages, many extremists will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.”
•“[W]hile not all extremist groups are hate groups, all hate groups are extremist groups.”
•Under a section labeled “Extremist Ideologies” the document states, “In U.S. history, there are many examples of extremist ideologies and movements. The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule and the Confederate states who sought to secede from the Northern states are just two examples.”
•In this same section, the document lists the 9/11 attack under a category of “Historical events.”
•“[A]ctive participation…with regard to extremist organizations is incompatible with military service and, is therefore prohibited.” [Emphasis in original]
•The document details the “seven stages of hate” and sixteen “extremists’ traits.”
•The SPLC is listed as a resource for information on hate groups and referenced several times throughout the guide.
•Of the five organizations besides the SPLC listed as resources, one is an SPLC project (Teaching Tolerance) and one considers any politically or socially conservative movement to be a potential hate group (Political Research Associates).
•Other than a mention of 9/11 and the Sudan, there is no discussion of Islamic extremism.

In April 2013, following a terrorist shooting at the Family Research Council (FRC) headquarters that occurred in August 2012, Judicial Watch filed multiple FOIA requests to determine what, if any, influence SPLC’s branding of hate groups had on government agencies. On its website, the SPLC has depicted FRC as a “hate group,” along with other such mainstream conservative organizations as the American Family Association, Concerned Women for America, and Coral Ridge Ministries. At the time of the shooting, FRC president Tony Perkins accused the SPLC of sparking the shooting, saying the shooter “was given a license to shoot … by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center.”

Though the document released today by Judicial Watch was obtained from the Air Force, it originated in a DOD office and is, therefore. thought likely to be used in other agency components.

“The Obama administration has a nasty habit of equating basic conservative values with terrorism. And now, in a document full of claptrap, its Defense Department suggests that the Founding Fathers, and many conservative Americans, would not be welcome in today’s military,” said Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton. “And it is striking that some the language in this new document echoes the IRS targeting language of conservative and Tea Party investigations. After reviewing this document, one can’t help but worry for the future and morale of our nation’s armed forces.”

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-defense-department-teaching-documents-suggest-mainstream-conservative-views-extremist/

MR2
08-24-2013, 10:59
Thanks Richard.

Personally I find Snopes to be more credible than the SPLC. :munchin

Paragrouper
08-24-2013, 11:01
They call me an extremist--declare my views of liberty and personal responsibility "hateful."

They do it enough and I may actually start to believe them--then they're in for a shit-bagful of trouble.

Surgicalcric
08-24-2013, 11:03
Not to worry, the men among us will still fight for this Nation even when the DOD is too brain washed to do so.

I find it interesting they admit our Founding Fathers were too extreme for our own military... hmmm

Trapper John
08-24-2013, 12:13
They call me an extremist--declare my views of liberty and personal responsibility "hateful."

They do it enough and I may actually start to believe them--then they're in for a shit-bagful of trouble.

Yep! I'm right there with you on that one Brother!:mad:

Richard
08-24-2013, 18:36
Thanks Richard.

Personally I find Snopes to be more credible than the SPLC. :munchin

They were talking about this USAF Student Guide which begins on p. 32 of the following link and mentions the SPLC.

EOAC - 3150 EXTREMISM

http://www.scribd.com/doc/162321199/2161-docs#page=32

Golf1echo
08-25-2013, 08:01
Recently I have stepped back in time by returning home to take care of my Mother. It has given me insights into how I was raised and where my values came from. When we went to our cabins there were always vestiges from an earlier time, a time when the World was in chaos and America was strong. One example is the Life, Look, and even Holiday magazines of the 40's. They are filled with stories, pictures, and adds unseen today. Victory Gardens, canning, home front activities to support the fighting men, women and the nation. Large companies like General Mills, Westing House, General Electric, even companies like Warner Brothers all combined messages of citizen responsibility with subtle advertising. Farmers, Merchant Marines, working women, house wives, etc...all were playing their part to strengthen this nation and make it better. Where is any of that today? I suspect that many here had some of those influences as well. Sounds like that is wrong today, perhaps even criminal...
maybe I should sue someone...

Richard
08-25-2013, 08:29
Recently I have stepped back in time by returning home to take care of my Mother. It has given me insights into how I was raised and where my values came from. When we went to our cabins there were always vestiges from an earlier time, a time when the World was in chaos and America was strong. One example is the Life, Look, and even Holiday magazines of the 40's. They are filled with stories, pictures, and adds unseen today. Victory Gardens, canning, home front activities to support the fighting men, women and the nation. Large companies like General Mills, Westing House, General Electric, even companies like Warner Brothers all combined messages of citizen responsibility with subtle advertising. Farmers, Merchant Marines, working women, house wives, etc...all were playing their part to strengthen this nation and make it better. Where is any of that today? I suspect that many here had some of those influences as well. Sounds like that is wrong today, perhaps even criminal...
maybe I should sue someone...

It was WW2 and the 2nd great Madison Avenue ad war effort - don't confuse 'citizen responsibility' with such 'compulsory patriotism' which does nothing for service members risking their lives but props up those who profit from the war.

Richard

Box
08-25-2013, 08:44
Sadly, it would seem that we are doomed to the same fate as all other great empires down through the ages. The arrogance of national leaders and then corruption of those in congress will eventually reach critical mass and we will collapse in on ourselves.

One question seems to illustrate how far down that path we have already traveled:
If certain legal enactments from congress are so good for the nation, why is it that the congress is always so quick to exempt themselves from the very laws they pass down to the citizenry?

Its a sad day when the very institution that guards our freedoms begins to judge what freedoms are acceptable.

Golf1echo
08-25-2013, 08:49
Yes Sir Richard, I understand the propaganda aspects for the most part and that companies were interested in profit. What I took away came from reading between the lines and what my family was saying,they were sets of values. As it relates to this thread I see those values changing... and I don't agree with all the changes, I still see many of those ideals as important, not wrong.

pcfixer
08-26-2013, 11:24
I agree with this.

“The Obama administration has a nasty habit of equating basic conservative values with terrorism. And now, in a document full of claptrap, its Defense Department suggests that the Founding Fathers, and many conservative Americans, would not be welcome in today’s military,” said Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton.
“And it is striking that some the language in this new document echoes the IRS targeting language of conservative and Tea Party investigations. After reviewing this document, one can’t help but worry for the future and morale of our nation’s armed forces.”

I think too, that Mark Potok of SPLC and his documents are the epitome of hate groups. I was taught as a kid not to point a finger at someone in hate. You always have 3 pointing back!

There are probably a number of google's one can do on founding father morality. I thought this would be appropriate.
http://www.wakeupamericainc.org/ministrymessage.html

Bluntly I say, " We are currently living Under a government that accepts no moral code of ethics, no personal responsibility and passes blame on everyone else. Our country is being led by a dogmatic and narcissistic personality that I cannot condone."