PDA

View Full Version : Bad flashback...

The_Mentalist
08-23-2013, 18:54
I am sitting in Salinas, CA bumped against a dock waiting to get loaded. Sitting here reading and posting when something happens. A bad flashback to Ft. Bragg barracks time. There is a guy driving around from plant to plant with pre made pizzas. Now, I don't know if this still goes on, but every hour or so some guy would walk in the barracks and get on the intercom. "Pizza, subs, soda, egg rolls, fried rice at first floor CQ desk. Post dated checks accepted". It was usually an Asian or dirka dirka type with a real thick accent. The food was nasty, but was a change of pace to the chow hall.

Does that still go on?

Divemaster
08-24-2013, 02:01
They were conducting close target recce. Those target packets are on file somewhere.

The_Mentalist
08-24-2013, 03:36
Almost 30 years ago. Definitely long term surveillance. I was always wondering with the majority (OK, all of them) of these guys being either Chinese or Persian/Arab and being on smoke bomb hill I considered the security aspects of these guys coming into our AO.

TOMAHAWK9521
08-24-2013, 08:19
I remember those guys showing up at the RIP/Pre-Ragnar barracks down at Benning.