PDA

View Full Version : Sebenza in the mountains...

PiterM
08-22-2013, 01:53
Just couple of shots taken during my recent family vacations...

Sebenza 25 as a 'spoon making machine' on the mountain trial - soup spoon for my 2.5yo son exactly. We simply forgot to take a plastic one with us... luckily Seb 25 was in my pocket :lifter

PiterM
08-22-2013, 01:57
I also checked how effective would be my Sebenza 25 for preparing fire... wood splitting, whittling, birch bark separation etc. Flawless!

PiterM
08-22-2013, 02:07
And some non-knife shots...

JJ_BPK
08-22-2013, 04:31
Thanks Piter,, Where did that t-shirt come from??

PiterM
08-22-2013, 04:41
Thanks Piter,, Where did that t-shirt come from??

Got it from a guy during Blade Show 2013. Since you ask... is there any issue with that t-shirt? Symbol? Writing? It's one of those "Infidel" kind of shirts.

Guymullins
08-22-2013, 06:07
Just couple of shots taken during my recent family vacations...

Sebenza 25 as a 'spoon making machine' on the mountain trial - soup spoon for my 2.5yo son exactly. We simply forgot to take a plastic one with us... luckily Seb 25 was in my pocket :lifter

You probably know that Chris Reeve is an ex-South African from Durban, but what you may not know is that Sebenza, is Zulu for Work. Umnumzaan, one of his other knives is Boss, or Head of the Family in Zulu.

Pete
08-22-2013, 06:20
.......... one of his other knives is Boss, or Head of the Family in Zulu.

Is that a real Zulu word or one that was picked up from Europe over time?

Pete

Still wondering how the French are going to go about claiming Ketchup as being "French".

As to the OP - a good knife is a great thing to have in the woods.

akv
08-22-2013, 07:17
Good snake pic. European Adder I think?

Team Sergeant
08-22-2013, 08:18
Piter as always great pictures! I don't take great pics but you might enjoy the content of this one.....;)

Some Chris Reeve work:

That first one is a real bitch to obtain.........

PiterM
08-22-2013, 08:25
Good snake pic. European Adder I think?
Yes, indeed! European Adder. Not very big (this one was about 2ft) but still with fangs and venom. I had with me only 35mm prime lens so front of my lens was about 1.5-2 ft from the head. And she was not very happy about that (as you can see) so I decided to stop there and let her find her own way...

@Guymullins... I know Chris personally, we've met in Atlanta couple of times and spent hours talking about families, knives, outdoor and all kind of motoracing sports. And yes, Sebenza means work. Also to me. And my first Sebenza has been with me more than a decade. Great user! BG42 Regular is my #1 working knife!

Guymullins
08-22-2013, 08:27

Pete

Still wondering how the French are going to go about claiming Ketchup as being "French".

Umnumzaan is a real Zulu word, but the language does have some beauties borrowed from English. Two of my favourites are Dokotela for doctor and Gowetha for lawyer. Dokotela is of course a corruption of doctor, but gowetha is a corruption of someone who Goes With to a court case. From this, it can be seen that Zulus dont expect much from their lawyers. Maybe they know more than we do. I returned from 10 days holiday in Zululand yesterday. Great people the Zulus. They treat all the other tribes like dirt, their name AmaZulu means The People of Heaven, which of course implies that no-one else is.

PiterM
08-22-2013, 08:30
That first one is a real bitch to obtain.

Yeah. It's THE knife. Even if I'd have a chance to buy a Yarborough I'd never do that. I know it must be earned by hard work, blood, sweat and honor. It's not just a knife. Anyway, I enjoy my standard Green Beret as well...

Barbarian
08-22-2013, 08:35
I don't take great pics but you might enjoy the content of this one.....

Team Sergeant Sir, I didn't realize you were such a knife guy. Nice collection.

Team Sergeant
08-22-2013, 08:40
Team Sergeant Sir, I didn't realize you were such a knife guy. Nice collection.

I'm trying to keep up with Piter! ;)

(I have quite a few more, some custom Harsey's, Spartan and one or two more Chris Reeve knives.)

Beef
08-22-2013, 10:56

Pete

That's easy. John Kerry is married to Theresa Heinz and John Kerry looks and speaks French. So ketchup is French.

JJ_BPK
08-22-2013, 13:37
Got it from a guy during Blade Show 2013. Since you ask... is there any issue with that t-shirt? Symbol? Writing? It's one of those "Infidel" kind of shirts.

Piter,

I was just curious about the shirt. It looks like it has the "Don't Tread On Me" Gadsden Flag on the shoulder..

BrianH
08-25-2013, 18:33
It literally says "you don't knock Ali"