PDA

View Full Version : Escaped convict shot after home intrusion in Iowa

Mack27
08-20-2013, 14:00
Saw this on the news this afternoon. Thankfully the family is safe, the trooper is doing well and this scumbag is off the streets permanently. I'd be interested in how the couple that was held captive for so long eventually got a gun without being shot themselves. This is a good example of how armed civilians can take care of themselves, and why anyone, anywhere should be able to protect themselves.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130819/NEWS/130818960/1707

Mack

Team Sergeant
08-20-2013, 14:33
Everyone in Iowa has a shotgun...... I know. ;) It ain't like Illinois and nothing like Chicago. They have guns and you should not piss them off.

Good story, and he saves the state 100,000's of thousands in court and prison costs.

cbtengr
08-20-2013, 15:49
This idiot was living on borrowed time, it was a good story. Honest people should be able to arm themselves and criminals should always have it in the back of their minds that perhaps their potential victim is armed. I too live in Iowa and I will guarantee you that you do not want too kick in my door.

Jim72
08-20-2013, 18:14
I concur with all the above. Never understood the laws that seem hell bent on protecting the criminals right in some of these cases. I guess can't blame the authorities for the due diligence they need to do so as to make sure that the homeowner isn't just blowing someone away on the sidewalk!

JHD
08-20-2013, 18:30
Glad the couple and the police officer are OK, and the POS is dead.

The Reaper
08-20-2013, 19:10
Everyone in Iowa has a shotgun...... I know. ;) It ain't like Illinois and nothing like Chicago. They have guns and you should not piss them off.

Good story, and he saves the state 100,000's of thousands in court and prison costs.

Exactly.

TR