PDA

View Full Version : Camoflauge

Haroldcraig3
08-12-2013, 18:16
I have only one question. I've seen pictures of navy seals, green berets and they all had these thick beards. So if and when I graduate SFAS, SFQC and become assigned to a SFOD or "A" team does Army regulations not apply to them and they're assigned a specific "loadout"? I know the graduation rate is extremely low but that actually encourages to me to continue and finish.

The Reaper
08-12-2013, 18:18
I have only one question. I've seen pictures of navy seals, green berets and they all had these thick beards. So if and when I graduate SFAS, SFQC and become assigned to a SFOD or "A" team does Army regulations not apply to them and they're assigned a specific "loadout"? I know the graduation rate is extremely low but that actually encourages to me to continue and finish.

Harold, I respectfully suggest that you search and read for a while, and not start new threads. Most questions have already been asked and answered.

This board is not your typical internet site.

Best of luck.

TR

alelks
08-12-2013, 19:38
I know the graduation rate is extremely low but that actually encourages to me to continue and finish.

If that statement is true, I suggest you reconsider why your are looking at becoming SF. Being able to wear facial hair is not the correct answer.

You either want to be the best of the best and serve your country proudly or you don't. Facial hair should not even play into the decision.

Tyrant
08-12-2013, 19:44
You get your beard issued when you sign for the keys to area-J.

Surgicalcric
08-13-2013, 00:51
You get your beard issued when you sign for the keys to area-J.

Ya owe me a board bro... I will be back with you guys shortly, I will collect then. :D

JimP
08-13-2013, 07:24
Not true - Beards (man-hirsute, one (1) EA.) are no longer issued due to the sequester. They no longer issue Grid Squares or riser grease either. A good scrounger can keep you up to speed on canopy lights and cans of squelch but beards are getting scarcer than Hen's teeth. I've got a couple hidden away but plan on trading them to females upon their succesful push...er, I mean 'completion' through the Q Course.

full cooler
08-13-2013, 08:32
Damn Harold. That was one of the easiest word jumbles we've had lately. The correct answer is "Camouflage." ;)

Bortz
08-14-2013, 14:08
If that statement is true, I suggest you reconsider why your are looking at becoming SF. Being able to wear facial hair is not the correct answer.

You either want to be the best of the best and serve your country proudly or you don't. Facial hair should not even play into the decision.

so,.... Should I not be doin the SF thing so I can put my hands in my pockets and wear shades on my head?

JJ_BPK
08-14-2013, 14:37
so,.... Should I not be doin the SF thing so I can put my hands in my pockets and wear shades on my head?

Not funny.

Being sarcastic to a QP that may be grading you in the course can lead to a short stay..

Stay in your lane.
Go do 1000 push-ups.

Kapish??

:munchin

The Reaper
08-14-2013, 19:22

Cute.

Pass SFAS and now you are one of the brothers, right?

TR

Box
08-14-2013, 19:35
I'd spend more time learning how to feel comfortable in a suit and speaking your target language.
...its a lot harder to do than walking around unshaven with dirty fatigues. Sailors and airmen grow beards even when the ODA they work for cannot; if you just want a beard then you talked to the wrong recruiter.

If you cant do both, then you are no value added.

alelks
08-14-2013, 19:58

If that's your motivation!

NO

MR2
08-14-2013, 20:04
I predict a hard road for this Padawan learner. :munchin