PDA

View Full Version : Poless Litters

NousDefionsDoc
11-13-2004, 11:16
I am looking for the best method of carry of PTs with all their gear in the FISH environment. The little people just don't get the buddy carries. Anybody using poless litters? Which one do you recommend. I think they might be a good option.

Smokin Joe
11-13-2004, 15:50
NDD,

What about with suspected head and neck injuries? Won't the flexibility of the poleless litters compromise keeping the C-spine in-line?

Just playing Devil's Adovacte...

NousDefionsDoc
11-13-2004, 16:05
I'm not too concerned with falls from heighth, they don't go up or down the outside anyway. If one is shot in the neck or spine...

Current doctrine is to sling them over a shoulder or do some type of two man carry anyway, so I don't think a poless is going to be much worse than that. But good thinking.

Kyobanim
11-13-2004, 16:07
This is an interesting topic. For my information, is this what you're talking about? http://www.narescue.com/Stretchers/Stingray.htm

NousDefionsDoc
11-13-2004, 16:12
Yes, specifically the one on the bottom. The TED.

Surgicalcric
11-13-2004, 16:27
NDD:

If you are interested in it I would be glad to stop by their office and take some better pictures and ask a few questions. The office is not far from my home.

Crip

NousDefionsDoc
11-13-2004, 16:30
What are you doing home? I thought you were training?

Surgicalcric
11-13-2004, 16:39
NDD:

PM inbound

The Reaper
11-13-2004, 17:18
What are you doing home? I thought you were training?

Haha!!

Busted from down range!!

TR

damion18d
11-20-2004, 08:51
NDD, we have the T.E.D in my team. If you have a conscious PT who can help stabilize himself it works okay. For a PT who is unconscious or with a leg or gut injury you are going to have problems. Also a thought, poleless litters smoke the crap out of a whole team in short order. Not only do you carry the weight of the PT but you pull against the other guys on the litter. Plus you pretty much lose those guys for security. There are methods to snap into a litter for "handsfree" use. Difficult to make it work if guys are different size and aren't always in the same spot. The poleless on that same page would probably be good to have for versitility.

NousDefionsDoc
11-20-2004, 10:00
Roger Damion, thanks.

ender18d
11-20-2004, 16:33
Best pole-less I've seen was a custom, slightly short version made out of parachute nylon that the SWAT Medics up in Greensboro had... Impressed the hell out of us when we did some joint training at Sage. They were good enough to give my buddy one as a gift. The setup is light, easily fits in a cargo pocket, and the straps were comfortable on the hands. Basically the same pattern as the standard (albeit a bit shorter, so less drooping between carriers), but the material made all the difference.