PDA

View Full Version : 18X Questions.

VVV
08-03-2013, 14:23
Assuming all requirements are met for an 18x contract are met.

As I understand the pipline is:

OSUT
Airborne
SOPC
SFAS
etc.

My questions are:
1. Any tips for stay in shape during OSUT? I assume you'd slowly get out of sf shape? (not out of shape, but not up to sf standards)
2. Is their any down time between the schools for 18X? Or does this vary?
3. What languages are currently in demand? -I'd like to give myself a heads up by getting a base in them a while.
4. What are the realistic physical standards that one should be at to have a solid shot at passing SF training, (# of push ups, pull ups, run time, etc? swimming)?
5. During the training pipeline do they have to do a 25 meter under water swim like seals or pjs?

Also any good recommendations for ASVAB prep guides? (I scored well above the min already, on the pratice one, (74) but would like to improve my score a little).

Thank you for your time.

Abel1st
08-03-2013, 14:49
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36757&page=79

Introduction a good start, followed by search. Best to you on the journey :munchin

VVV
08-03-2013, 14:53

Introduction a good start, followed by search. Best to you on the journey :munchin
The less information I have online the better.

I've read through the majority of the information on here, as well as online.

Edit: Questions 1, 3, & 5, I would most like answers/input on. The others where in a general sense answered online.

SF_BHT
08-03-2013, 14:58

Not your place to correct. Admins/Mods or QPs will handle this!!!!!!

SF_BHT
08-03-2013, 14:59

Edit: Questions 1, 3, & 5, I would most like answers/input on. The others where in a general sense answered online.

Re-read your welcome MSG and comply.......

VVV
08-03-2013, 15:47
Re-read your welcome MSG and comply.......

72 hour period was observed. Welcome post, posted, and profile filled out.

SF_BHT
08-03-2013, 16:38

A little out of sequence but done......

Welcome to the board

Do more reading and searches as every thing you are asking has been discussed in the past. If you strive to become a QP you have to be a self starter and self suficcent.

Good luck.

PS: Abel1st... I do not need a PM just comply and enjoy the weekend.

hotshot
08-03-2013, 20:14

If you cannot decide if you want to be a Special Forces Soldier or a SEAL then you need to focus your attention in other areas. I suggest that you educate yourself on Special Operations Forces by reading everything you can find.

You give me the perception that you want everything handed to you without having to do the research yourself. If this is true then perhaps this is not the career field for you. We need people that are self starters, diplomat-warriors, amongst other traits.

If you make it to the SFQC, your language will be given to you based off of an assessment of your ability and needs of the regiment. You will need to be able to swim 50m in full uniform minimum to be an SF Soldier. You will not always have all of the answers; SF is a thinking man's game.

CH

koz
08-03-2013, 21:24
Easiest way to stay in shape in OSUT is just be a dirtbag and get smoked by the DS's on a regular basis.

But seriously, if you want to push yourself, you can do it anywhere you are. I did extra runs, ruck-pushups, burpees, etc..

Ambush Master
08-03-2013, 21:44

You've scattered yourself all over the place, but this NEEDs to catch up to'ya:

As out of sequence as you got your Intro,.......I'd say .....maybe you should lean more to the Squeals!!!

Later
Martin

VVV
08-06-2013, 09:26
If you cannot decide if you want to be a Special Forces Soldier or a SEAL then you need to focus your attention in other areas. I suggest that you educate yourself on Special Operations Forces by reading everything you can find.

You give me the perception that you want everything handed to you without having to do the research yourself. If this is true then perhaps this is not the career field for you. We need people that are self starters, diplomat-warriors, amongst other traits.

If you make it to the SFQC, your language will be given to you based off of an assessment of your ability and needs of the regiment. You will need to be able to swim 50m in full uniform minimum to be an SF Soldier. You will not always have all of the answers; SF is a thinking man's game.

CH
I'm in the process of researching, further, I apologize for jumping into this board without researching further, I just figured it for a quick way to get pointed in the right direction for further research, about some of my questions. I didn't realize the seriousness of this message board, most message boards I've seen/used in the past have a very lax attitude, so again my apologies.

For the swim, 50m in combat gear is no problem, I'm a great swimmer, not worried about that. But they do not, have to do a 25m (or further) underwater?

Thank you for your help.

Easiest way to stay in shape in OSUT is just be a dirtbag and get smoked by the DS's on a regular basis.

But seriously, if you want to push yourself, you can do it anywhere you are. I did extra runs, ruck-pushups, burpees, etc..
They allow you do extra runs on your own? If that's the case that's excellent, I was under the impression you had every second accounted for.

Thank you for your help as well.

koz
08-06-2013, 10:48
They allow you do extra runs on your own? If that's the case that's excellent, I was under the impression you had every second accounted for.

Thank you for your help as well.

You have laundry time. Do burpees. Do sprints in the common area. I found time to get to the track and ruck- when guys went to church services, I found I could pray by myself walking in circles....

Maybe it's different now, but there was some time available when I went thru.

blue02hd
08-07-2013, 01:42
My advice,

While in Basic, concentrate on being the very best Basic Trainee the Drill's have ever laid eyes on.

When in AIT, study your ass off and MASTER the basics, concentrate on being the very best AIT Trainee the Drill's have ever laid eyes on.

When in Airborne school, pay attention, follow instructions, avoid stupid injuries, concentrate on being the very best Airborne Trainee the Black Hats have ever laid eyes on.

When ya hit Bragg: Rinse and repeat.

If you think your biceps are going to make the difference then stop right now, walk over to the Marine Corp Recruiter, and or Navy Recruiter.

I promise you that the SWC instructors will maintain you physically, and more than allow you to be whatever type of crossfit guru you choose, but it is your mental ability that will lead to success, not how fast or how far you can carry 55 lbs.

"Your attitude, it's all wrong"- Christopher Walken