PDA

View Full Version : Review – US Special Forces and Counterinsurgency in Vietnam

Dog Pound Zulu
07-27-2013, 22:46
http://www.e-ir.info/2013/07/27/review-us-special-forces-and-counterinsurgency-in-vietnam/

US Special Forces and Counterinsurgency in Vietnam was first published in 2007, then appeared in 2012 as a paperback in the Routledge “Strategy and History” series. The author, Christopher K. Ives, served in the U.S. Special Forces for 20 years and presently works as a security analyst. His aim is to show how, in the period 1961-1963, Special Force units in Vietnam’s Central Highlands:

Trapper John
07-28-2013, 07:07
Unfortunately the review was written by David Hunt. Hunt is no friend of SF and will be speaking at the conference sponsored by the Texas Tech University Vietnam Memorial Archives. He will be discussing the futile and negative environmental impact of the US military operations in the Mekong Delta :confused: Hunt, although somewhat more moderate in his views, aligns with the Marilyn Young and Nick Turse camp.

Typical liberal academic, IMO, that sits back 30 years hence and tells us how F'd up we were. Never, never daring to risk his own ass or get his hands dirty. Just blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! Oh shit, now you got me started on a rant - :D

I'm going to shut up now!

Thanks for the post though - got my heart rate up :D