PDA

View Full Version : Return to North Korea

Ret10Echo
07-19-2013, 14:42
This is not what you think it is about. it is about being true comrades in arms and living up to a promise

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Two years after he made history by becoming the Navy's first black pilot,*Ensign Jesse Brown*lay trapped in his downed fighter plane in subfreezing*North Korea, his leg broken and bleeding. His wingman crash-landed to try to save him, and even burned his hands trying to put out the flames.A chopper hovered nearby. Lt. j.g.*Thomas Hudner*could save himself, but not his friend. With the light fading, the threat of enemy fire all around him and Brown losing consciousness, the white son of a New England grocery-store magnate made a promise to the black son of a sharecropper."We'll come back for you."More than 60 years have passed. Hudner is now 88. But he did not forget. He is coming back

Story here (http://news.yahoo.com/vet-returns-nkorea-1st-black-navy-aviator-090343925.html)

tonyz
07-19-2013, 14:51
Great story.

I hope Ensign Brown makes it home and that both the Browns and Captain Hudner (RET) find peace in this long journey.

Gypsy
07-19-2013, 17:16
Well said tonyz.

fng13
07-19-2013, 18:45
What a brave man to make that journey at 89 into hostile territory. I wish him well.

What a great way to honor your friend.

JHD
07-20-2013, 05:50
Great story.

I hope Ensign Brown makes it home and that both the Browns and Captain Hudner (RET) find peace in this long journey.

Well said.